Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Not So Much Independence Day Weekend................As Isolationist; ......A Lot Of Alone Time......Wanted Or Not!............."

Good Evening;
I'm over Jenn's again killing a few hours inside with the A/C until I catch the last bus up to the shed, at 12:30 am. The grandkids are SUPPOSED to be asleep, and Jenn is lying down in the back. Tom is out on a DJ job and will be home around 1:00 am.
I spent most of the day at the coffee shop sitting out the humidity. It was pretty brutal out there and there was no place I wanted to be or event to go to alone.

Saturday, it was down to Monkees, then to the Giant to get a steak, and over to Jenn's for my day alone inside. I talked to Rachel on the phone and she was sticking close to her mom, acting as her nurse. We are going to Build-A-Bear at the Towsontown Center on Tuesday or Wednesday to get the birthday present she wants...I got my money for the month on Saturday, thank goodness.

Monday the 4th, Independence Day I'll be heading over here again to monstersit in the afternoon and evening because Tom has another wedding to DJ and Jenn has her Home Group. It may end up a night on the couch, which sounds good because of the weather forecast all week, low to mid 90s and sick humidity with a good chance of thunderstorms.
What I'm going to do the earlier part of the day is not determined yet. I'm still hurting in my abdomen from the issues I outlined in one of last weeks posts.
I also did something to my right shoulder...pulled or wrenched it in my sleep possibly, or pinched another nerve in the spinal column due to the damn messed up discs. More joy. (I'll tell you one thing though, when I left here Friday night I left all my bags except for the computer and a water bottle in a small jump bag....traveling around that night and Saturday morning until I got back here just after Noon was like heaven, not carrying all the things I can't afford to leave in the shed.)

Anyway, I'm not getting hyped up about rushing around to try to have a good time, the inevitable sense of let down that would follow will do the slowly building depression no good.

See you tomorrow,
Later........................Dave

No comments: