Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"The Heat Wave Continues...................& .........................'NOT' A Baby Daddy"

Good Morning;
It's 5 minutes until 3:00 am. and I'm sitting outside the Giant on one of the wooden rocking chairs on display and note that a breeze has finally picked up and the temperature has hit it's low of 75 degrees for the day. I've been here since 11:30 pm. when I walked out of the store where I had been puttering around since about 10:45 pm. to find it pouring down rain. The rain lasted all of 15 minutes leaving the temperature still in the low 90s, but it raised the humidity and dewpoint to outrageous so that the heat index made it feel like 96 degrees!

I've been reading and playing on FB to kill time because the shed will be miserable.
As am I from lack of sleep and bashing my face on the corner of the screen. Just from the walking between Starbucks tom the train, to the train, to the bus, and to the Giant this evening, and sitting here for the past 3 and 1/2 hours has my skin feeling like an eel's or a salamander's after they've been out of the water for too long...........like dried out slime starting to crust over.....ummm, sounds absolutely divine doesn't it?

I am hoping Jenn will be doing some wash tomorrow, I'm out of clean shorts. I know I have at least one shirt and a wearable pair of socks there, but I'm pretty sure no jockeys and between the 'diaper rash', and just plain yuucccch factor, plus my aversion to it at any weather, 'freeballing' of 'going commando' is definitely NOT an option!....................lol.

My friend Mikel is back at Whole Foods after her maternity leave, the proud mother of a bouncing baby boy, Mason, born May 28th. When I walked over there this afternoon I saw heard out of the corner of my eye and did a doubletake to look again...by this time she had come squealing around the corner of her register shouting "DAVE" and smothering me in a big, well padded hug. We moaned about the heat together and she mentioned something about having a friend who works at the Hilton and would I mind traveling to downtown if I could get a 'comped' room for a night? (And unless I'm totally clueless and missing things big time it's a solo offer.....lol! We're not like that!.....lol.) I of course said 'hell no, I don't mind', and I'll see what goes down tomorrow.....I'm not holding my breath though.

Well the breeze is totally gone now and the flying piranhas are beginning to feast on my legs and their 'frosting', (and I had washed them off at both the coffee shop and here earlier!), so I'm going to go f*ck with the shed now, and hope it is not a steam bath.

Later............................Dave

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I knew the library was going to be a freak show today, because I had had a 'sign' as I was walking past the side of the building on the way in. In the corner under the portico some no mannered ignorant piece of garbage who is walking around here in Pikesville took ANOTHER sh*t all over the wall and the sidewalk, leaving their sh*t smeared napkins all over the ground and stuck onto the brick wall. Looks like the same scum bag who did this to the shed wall a few months ago, and a few other places I've seen, usually high traffic areas, so it be happening late at night. Let me catch the bastard in the act and he's going to be laying face down in it with a broken face

1 comment:

Hazel said...

enjoyed!!

I thought it will be quite immmoral to read something and leave without complimenting the author for the treat.

This was a very interesting piece.