Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Color My World'...................... .&..............................."Write Or Wrong"

Good Morning;
Hi Dave here with 2 comments on recent 'Comments'.

The first, which was published today, is on the font colors.
I started out on the free computers at the Baltimore County Public Library in Pikesville, (with occasional excursions to the Main Branch in Towson & the Enoch Pratt Free Library Main Branch in Baltimore City) and for the first 2 years of the blog the font style and color reflected my mood or attitude, not in any particular rhyme or reason. When I had the first laptop that Erik pieced together from parts and got up and running and donated to me, the Dell, it was the same thing, simple, easy, point and click to change.
About the same time as the Dell gave up the ghost Blogger/Google made some 'improvements' to the Design functions and templates. With this laptop, a Sony Vaio that Erik so graciously and generously gave me to replace the Dell, for some reason I can change the font style and color here as I write and I get/see what I selected, (and at the library too), but I have to go into the Advanced options on the Template menu to cause the posted font style/color to change, and it changes ALL the previous posts also on that page to whatever is selected...(but the library Dells still publish as selected while writing?!?). And craziest of all are the posts where the font color changes in the middle of a paragraph/sentence/word! Don't ask me how or why....it SEEMS to occur when I've saved and previewed a post, but sometimes just when I've previewed and not saved yet, and sometimes when I've saved and checked to see if a link works....(and that's ANOTHER inconsistent can of worms.....lol), but who the hell knows, because I can't MAKE it happen. And I'm damned sure not going to go messing around with settings and controls etc. on this laptop, so no one need send in suggestions.
Live with it......I am...................lol.

(Though I did change the backgrounds and text font colors slightly, [on and through the Template] to facilitate a request for an easier read for older eyes...which I can relate to.....at times being "blind in one eye & can't see out of the other"................lol).


Second:
The other suggestion was that I get and post a PayPal account so that people can send money to me.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh......I don't think so.....
For a couple of reasons....the main one being;
When all is said and done, at the end of the day,.......
I write this for myself.
As catharsis, to express gratitude, to bitch, whine, and moan, to be creative, to try to make people laugh, and sometimes cry. To attempt to show that the old stereotypes are no longer the exclusive examples of people on the street, to broadcast the positive as well as the negative actions and reactions being taken to deal with the skyrocketing homeless population. To speak for some of those who don't have the advantages I do, to humbly request AND strongly demand that you acknowledge our shared humanity, and allow us to retain or regain our dignity.
I write this as an outlet for my frustrations, my fears, my anger, my joy, my happiness. As a way to connect with another human being, another soul, when in the waning moments of the night, when hope is at it's lowest ebb, when living is in the balance and the scales seem weighted with despair. As a shout, a scream, a whisper...a plea, a prayer,...a song, a psalm.
As an antidote to the poison I hear all day and night on the bus, the train, the street, as a forum to rage against the ignorance, evil, and stupidity, the callous indifference that breeds hate and whose foul spawn is violence for violence's sake.
I write this to unashamedly show my childlike joy and wonder at the natural world that surrounds us, to share the unexpected encounters with flora and fauna in an urban environment. To recount the pain and pleasure of my time, (or lack thereof) with my daughters and my grandchildren.
I write this to show I/We am/are. more like you than you may think when you hear the term homeless. To show that 'normal' is an illusion, that an unattractive exterior, or inability to articulate may cloak a heart, soul, or mind of extraordinary beauty, grace, or intelligence....and that the flip side of the same coin,........can be a facade that is paper thin and barely covering, a mind in agony, a soul in torment, a heart bleeding out from loneliness.
I write because I love words and phrases that paint mind pictures and invoke emotions.
I write because sometimes fears and tears prevent the words from being spoken aloud, fears of ridicule, tears of loneliness.
I write for me, and for those who can't.
So that someone, somewhere may read and say;
"YES! Somebody understands. I'm NOT alone."

I write because if I didn't I'd be even more insane from all the thoughts and words and emotions racing through my mind.

If anyone reads what I write, and wants or wishes to;
give, donate, contribute, gift
money, or anything else
to me
either due to an appreciation of my scribblings,
or,
as an amelioration of my situation;
I will, of course, gratefully and thankfully accept.
Between E-mail, FB, and Comments,
and the mailing address listed in the sidebar
for those who may want to buy a copy of Talespinner...
I'm not that hard to contact.
But as much as I may bemoan my financial misery here,
I DO NOT seriously solicit!
For the same reason I have not hooked up with AdSense
to place banner ads or pop ups on my site, I have no
desire to sign on with PayPal.
(And after all that, if you still want to send money,
to me (or any other homeless person),
please use either cash or a Postal Money Order
Commercial M.O.s can be almost impossible to cash
without a bank account, and personal checks.....Ha!)

I write because I want to, need to, & choose to,
not because I 'have' to.
And damn right it strokes my ego when I am noticed
by the media, but I don't write for their approval.

I write to find my way back home,
to a place I've never been.

It's 6:11 am. and I'm about to pass out,

Later......................................Dave







I write in an attempt to reach out and touch someone.......
with a desperate hope that someone will reach back,
someone who can read between the lines,
who knows empathy from sympathy,
who knows that not all scars show,
that not all damage is visible.
Someone who comprehends the phrase;
"Lonely Unto Death"
Someone who appreciates honesty and loyalty
who believes in agape AND romance
wants and can be a friend and a lover
fears neither devotion nor intensity
craves intimacy and integrity
Who can see beauty in imperfection
and coax worth from worthlessness

I write......to find my soul,
and perhaps I'll find a kindred soul,
to help hold back the darkness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your site offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and
our entire community will be thankful to you.


Feel free to visit my web-site google (google.com)