Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Black And Blue Screen Blues.................&............Revolving Daughters..............................."

Good Morning;
It's Thursday around 12:50 am. and before the laptop flips out and either 'blue screens' or 'black screens' me again with dire warning messages or blacks out entirely or won't start up....which it as started doing, oh joy!...I want to post a few lines about yesterday's, (Wednesday's), activities..

Okay, it started rough, waking with a pounding 'hangover headache' from the damn 'eco-friendly', 'safe' ant spray recommended by some treehugger on TV. Yeah safe for all the fuzzy, happy bunnies....but deadly to humans??

I was out of Jenn's before 10:00 am. so she could pack etc.for their trip. I stopped at JAI Medical Center to try to get my BP script refilled but the receptionist said I HAD to see the doctor and handed me the clipboard to sign in, then drops the bomb, ".....and it will be at least a 4 hour wait, possibly longer....
Uhhh, SEEEEEEEYAAAAA, and I was walking back to the Metro Subway at Cold Spring Station. When I got there I figured I had all this time to kill that I was not going to be sitting in a waiting room in the 'hood, so why not go downtown to the MTA certification office at the Charles Center Subway station and pick up forms to renew my bus pass. I went in and the girl behind the desk asked what color my pass was, and my name. I told her green and she entered that and my name in the computer and handed me a slip of paper and told me to go over by the camera and hand it to the woman there. I told her I had no money for a new card....and she told me that there is no charge for an update, only if you lose your card.

Well someone ought to inform the folks on the 'help line' because I was told by them I needed new forms filled out with doctor's signatures and had to pay a new fee.

I had my mug shot taken and the ID laminated and was out of there in 14 minutes total time!
Competence made a rare appearance at the MTA today.

Since I was downtown I jumped back on the train and got off at Shot Tower/Market Center and walked over to Harbor East to Lancaster St. and dropped in on Evan, editor of Baltimore Magazine. We chatted for a while and he walked me through their offices to take a look around. On the way out he gave me 3 copies of the 'Best Of Baltimore' August issue that lists yours truly as one of the 10 most interesting bloggers in the city. I left there and stopped at Whole Foods and grabbed an orange-mango Nantucket Nectar and wandered through the store sampling all the freebies being pushed this week.
as I headed back to the Metro I stopped in the Starbucks down there and asked if Lisa the former Mgr. of the Pikesville coffee shop that was closed by Starbucks corporate beancounters just as it began to make money. She was on vacation...again!..................lol. Everytime I've stopped by she is out.

I took the train to Old Court Station after that and the bus to Pikesville where I picked up my prescriptions from RiteAid. Then I stopped in the Giant and grabbed some beautiful locally grown tomatoes, some garlic breadsticks off the reduced shelf for $0.50, and some Minute Maid Berry Punch that was on sale....and a package of petite sirloins steaks also on sale for Rachel and I for dinner.
(For a 7 year old she has expensive tastes....lol).
Jenn had just gotten back to the apt. and asked me to stay away until they were gone....the madhouse did not need anymore inmates at that time....lol.
I got there at 5:00 and Rachel got dropped of about 35 minutes later.
We cooked our steaks and ate, and I showered and got a load of clothes started in the washer and watched 'Coraline' in between with her.

She went to bed about 10:00 pm. watching 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs' as I fussed and fumed with the computer....which is acting all nice and lovey-dovey now....after I threatened to turn into a slagheap of melted hydrocarbons and silicon fused into glass!............LOL.

I'm going to see which available sleeping venue is least uncomfortable and pass out now.

Later.............................Dave

P.S.
Evan said that the jeans would not be too out of place at the Baltimore's Best party, and that he may be wearing a pair himself.

No comments: