Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Meds And Meat.............."

Good Morning;
I'm hoping, Loyal Reader, that you realized that the 'Guns For The Homeless' post and link was just a gag..........LOL!

Today I had to stop at the RiteAid to drop off 3 of my 5 meds for refills. Each bottle had 1 refill left, but of course with my typical luck they were refused refills because the computer for Medical Assistance said there were no refills left. After an hour runaround I was finally able to speak with someone with both the power and intelligence to simply access my file/account and compare the dates and number of the prescription filled and say "Oh Yeah......there's been a data entry error.....you still have one refill left"........arrrgggghhhhh!!!!
By this time it was too late to head to JAI to try to get my doctor to either write me or phone in a new script for my Blood Pressure meds, which IS in need of a new prescription, so I went out to Owings Mills to the coffee shop and had lunch, (scavenged panini and flatbread sandwiches rescued on the way to the dumpster from Monday night), and read and played on the laptop. I spoke with Rachel on the phone and she had agood time with her nephew and niece (Ed and Devin) on Sunday, and she is excited about petsitting with me while Jenn and Tom and the kids go to Dover to see my mother Wednesday 'til Friday.

I am here at Jenn's tonight because they went out to 'Fogo de Chao' Baltimore for Jenn's birthday, taking advantage of the "Restaurant Week' discount of $35.11 for a prix fixe dinner. They got home stuffed and raving about the food a little while ago and are about to pass out now.....lol. For those unfamiliar with these restaurants, they are a Brazilian 'meat on a stick' style place, where the servers wander the dining room with ribs, steaks, chops, leg of lamb, chicken and other fire roasted meats on skewers and slice and serve to your pleasure at tableside.
They said the food and service were fantastic, and that there was also an awesome salad/appetizer bar. I'm salivating as I type this, I hope I don't short out the keyboard............lol.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, morning I am heading to JAI to attempt to catch my doctor as she passes by the bulletproof glass door and windows separating the waiting room and the rest of the facility. YES, it is in THAT kind of neighborhood, at Park Heights Ave. and Cold Spring Lane. If I try to talk to the desk people it is like talking to a wall and I'll end up sitting all day needlessly.
Jenn and family are leaving sometime after 3:00 pm. and I'm going to go to RiteAid and pick up my meds, (with any luck all 4 scripts), and then get Rachel, depending on the time. She may just get dropped off here by her mother.
Our plans for the next couple days are fluid, nothing really special because of a lack of cash, but we'll probably do something in the kitchen kind of fancy, I do have food credits.

Well it's 2:05 and I'm going to sleep now.
Later.........................Dave

P.S. To Ricky;
Sheeeit,
They're easier to get on the streets of
Bodymore, Murderland
than finding a place to live..............lol!

No comments: