Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Family Ties............ Children's Hour ......."

Good Evening;
Just a short update on the weekend.
Friday I got up about 11:30 am., (Friday's post was written about 6:00 am. but for some reason was not posted until 11:42 am.....?), and after going to the Giant and the library went up to the Starbucks in Owings Mills and stayed there until close. I then went back down to Pikesville and sat outside reading and writing and playing on the laptop until dawn when I went in the shed and went to sleep. That's 2 nights in a row, Thursday night it was foggy and rainy and really peaceful, Friday night the temps. and the humidity were down and it was really pleasant to be up and outside.

Saturday I slept in until about Noon, when the shed got warm, and then puttered around the Giant and the library before heading out to the bus stop to go over to Jenn's. When the bus finally came, an hour and 20 minutes later, (2 runs never showed up....gotta love the MTA.....NOT!), I ended up at the apartment about 3:30 pm.
I showered, washed clothes, played with and fed the grandkids....the normal routine.
Today, Sunday, Rachel came over about 12:45 pm. and played fairly peacefully with Ed and Devin who were glad to see her and hardly fought at all over whose turn it was to play with her.....lol.
After Jenn got home it started to thunder and rain, and with the 95 degree,temps., 72 degree dew point, and 103 heat index, Rachel aqnd I decided not to go out aqnd have to deal with the buses etc. in this weather. I walked over to the gfhetto Giant and got a couple frozen pizzas for dinner and her mother picked her up about 8:15 pm.
I really did not feel like dealing with the heat so I asked if Tom and Jenn minded if I spent another night and since they understood and do not mind....here I am again.

After I leave here tomorrow I will be back Tuesday night to watch the kids again while Tom and Jenn go out to celebrate her birthday, (number 29), and agin will spend the night. I'll split for a while on Wednesday morning and head back over here some time later in the afternoon to drop off my bags. They are all going up to Dover, Del. to visit my mother, (and Jenn's grandmother, and Ed and Devins great-grandmother), until Friday afternoon and I am petsitting Wednesday and Thursday nights. Rachel will be coming over one or both of those night to sleepover for some daddy-daughter time. We won't be doing too much because of a cash balance of $5.00 total, but we'll make good use of the Foodstamps and cook up something interesting for meals. As usual, plans are subject to outside influences and couls change at the drop of a hat.

I'm headed for the recliner and sleep, hopefully real soon, but it maybe interrupted when Jenn and Tom finish watching whatever Netflix or Redbox movie they have and head out onto the patio to smoke their last cigarettes of the night.

Later.............................Dave



No comments: