Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Morse Code, Zip Code, Da Vinci Code.....Got Ya Covered!.............WAC, [Wireless Access Code], ........Oooops.....Maybe Tonight......"

Good Afternoon;
Sorry about the almost 2 day gap in between posts.
On Sunday night when the battery ran down as I was sitting outside the Giant writing I never made it into the shed until close to 4:00 am., and I was way too tired to write any more. I had been planning to head right over to the shed and plug in the laptop right away but the heavens opened up again and put a stop to that idea. Between the very frequent rainstorms mixed with torrential downpours and lightning and thunder storms, and either being in the middle of fixing or eating my dinner, (at 2:45 am....lol!), or having books and things spread out all over the place as I tried to clean out and organize the bag when the rain stopped, and by the time I got things repacked neatly the rain having begun again, etc., it was 3:30 am. when I left Giant's 'porch' and headed over to the gas station to use the restroom and then into the shed. I unrolled the bedding and changed into sleeping shorts and passed out.
The alarm on my phone went off at 7:15 am. and I got up and dressed and rolled the bedding up and packed my bag, (I did manage to plug in the laptop to charge the battery before I fell asleep....with the lantern on.)
Tom called at 7:30 am. and said he was leaving the house to pick me up, (he also came out looking for me Sunday night after I left the apartment because of the noise and found me at the Metro subway waiting for the bus...[the one I tried to meet had left early and I saw it as I neared the bus stop]...at the Giant as I was locking the chain on the shed door so I hurried over to the Giant to use the restroom and grab a piece of meat from the butcher shop. Once I got to Jenn's I sat in the recliner and dozed until the kids woke up. Jenn and Tom had 8:30 am. dentist appointments and afternoon doctor appointments, and meetings in the evening, so I was there for the day and night.

When I tried to log on to the Internet,.....the unsecured WiFi in the area was now 'secured' and I could not get online that way anymore, And,...not having the 26 character pass code that accesses Tom's new WiFi hotspot device, I could not use their setup, and he had their laptop with him.
They had doctors appointments this morning and afternoon also and I forgot to get the code before they left, same thing this afternoon when they got back and he went out...so here I am at the library.

And I have to leave to meet Evan, of Baltimore Magazine in a few minutes to pick up my ticket to the Thursday the 18ths "Best Of Baltimore" party from him at 6:00 pm.

I am supposed to get the code this evening before they go out to a meeting tonight, (so I'm spending tonight in the recliner too...unless next door or upstairs start with their "music" or the surround sound again..), so I'll be back.

Later.......................Dave

No comments: