Monday, August 1, 2011

"Wet And Wild...........Part One......."

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm here in the library taking advantage of the A/C while I figure out what/where to do/go today.


After I signed off early this morning I went into the shed and opened the door to try to catch the stiff breeze that had sprung up afew minutes ago and was sweeping across the parking lot, but of course the second I got the door open and the piece of cardboard.....


SO.....it's going to be one of THOSE kind of days!

Sh*t--Sh*t--Sh*t!

I had a whole post typed and "saved"...according to Blogger/Google....but when the library computer, which I decided I'd use since there were so many free and I would not have to unpack all my crap tp get the laptop out of my bag, timed out early....what you see above is all that was there when I logged in again.

I should of known what was up when the shed morphed into a sauna before 9:00 am. today. And when I found a couple of flattened cardboard boxes under the carport area between the shed and the office building, evidence of someone - and I'm pretty sure who - sleeping there last night. (Which is a nasty thought, considering the foulness of the asphalt after people have pee'ed there over the years, and all the disgusting and huge roaches/waterbugs that infest the area......Ugghhh-'shudder'.

So I'm going to try again, but it's not going to be the same, the first version was spontaneously funny, while this will be filtered through my C.R.S. (Can't Remember Sh*t) Syndrome....lol.


....plugging the hole near the eaves that I use for cross ventilation when the birds are not around, the breeze died a quick death. And was cremated it appeared because the temperature actually went UP 2 degrees higher than it was BEFORE the wind picked up!


I went back to the door and tried fanning it to encourage the air to circulate more and evacuate the premises,but all I did was to scatter the mouse poop that was on the shelf above my head, out of sight, all over my shoulders.


After changing my shirt and putting on my sleeping shorts and removing my socks I unrolled the bedding and lay down, literally falling asleep "as soon as my head hit the pillow", just like the cliche' says. Of course I neglected to take the little fan down from the upper shelf, where it was fighting a losing battle trying to circulate air that had the consistency of liverwurst, and place it lower down where the air was only as thick as Jello, which meant I woke up 20 minutes later on a 'water bed'.

I moved the fan down on the 'floor' near a gap in the wall to try to pull in some 'fresh' air, blowing up the length of my body towards my head. As long as I don't sleep on my back, (which is not much of an issue with my spinal problems) & try to keep my 'footprint' of body contact to a minimum by lying on my side and moving frequently, (again not a problem, with the spleen, gall bladder, and liver all preventing me from lying in one position for too long before discomfort and/or pain forces me to move around), I can stay cooled off enough to get SOME sleep.


Okay, times is up again....let's try to save this section now



Later..............Dave


No comments: