Monday, August 1, 2011

"Wet And Wild......................Part Two."

Good Evening;
So the earlier part of this post not only got saved, it got published too.
Not what I intended but better than the previous experience.....lol.
The library computers were not working up to par today either.

It continued to be a day of really annoying "wisdom to know the difference" 'situations that I realize are beyond my control but still pissing me off'.
As I left the library 10 minutes before the bus heading up here to Owings Mills was due, (and before it was physically possibly to have gotten here had the driver left at the scheduled time of 2:06 pm.), it was pulling away from the next stop up the line.
Thinking, "no way....that MUST have been the previous bus running late I elected to stand on the nice and bright, hot, humid, sunny, bus stop, 'just in case', instead of heading back in the library or over under the huge, shady, old oak trees by the old State Police Hq. building. When the bus obviously was not going to show, it was by then too late to do the above options without taking a chance of missing the bus, and of course by then I had too much damn time invested in waiting in the sun to waste! Needless to say the bus that was due at 2:46 pm.......never showed, which was determined after giving it 15 minutes past the time scheduled to take into account traffic problems. When the following bus did show up in time,.. driven by my buddy Steve whose bus I used to catch each night on the way back from Mt. Washington before the shift changes this summer,.. the shirt I was wearing was ready to spontaneously combust from the sun, the only reason it didn't is because of the salt water that oozed from pores at a rate comparable to the flow level of Niagara Falls.

I've been here at the St. Thomas Starbucks since about 3:30 pm. or so, and it looks as if we are right between 2 thunderstorms at the moment, lightning and thunder to the northwest and northeast......oops strike that, it's raining like a b*tch!! right now, a solid curtain of silver, like a curtain of mercury. Yeah, from the time I walked to the door and back these clouds moved in from what appeared to be miles away!
It was 86 degrees before the storm, with nasty humidity.....it ought to be lovely when this passes, in time for the setting sun to steam the water out of the ground. With any luck though, it may cool the wood of the shed enough to be bearable tonight.....unless it activates the steam bath settings as it shuts off the sauna.....lol.

Yesterday, Sunday, I was also up and out early from the heat and after the usual excursion to the Giant to cool off and wash up I went over to the (closed) library and went from bench to bench ahead of the sun for a couple hours until I was able to go over Jenn's as they were leaving for a pool party. I washed a load of towels for her in exchange for the chance to hang out and avoid the heat, not having money for the coffee shop up here, and Mt Washington being closed.
I left there about 8:30 pm. and sat on the benches at the library for a while, and then at the First Watch, before going to the gas station to say hello to Daniel, who I had met on the bus but who had to hurry in to work to relieve the other shift early because of Ramadan. I asked him if was feeling lucky, and if he had $2.00 to spare for a bet on the Keno. The ticket was a 'Doubler' and the $2.00 I won became $4.00, which I played for another 4 games winning $2.00, and again, and again, and again, until I hit a $25.00 winner when I quit, giving Daniel $10.00 plus his original $2.00, and still ending up with $20.00 in my pocket.
Then back to First Watch, where I was passing out from tiredness, and you know the rest from the previous post today.

It is time to pack up now.....
And oh crap, I just realized I wore my sneakers, the ones with the sponge rubber exposed midsoles....yeahhhh, it was NOT forecast to rain today....squish, squish, squish.........lol.
.....and see which bus to catch, the rain having stopped.
I was wrong it is a bit cooler out...well not cooler, but 'less warm', shall we say.

Later.........................Dave

P.S.---To Hazel, I'm not sure what you mean in your comment, about am I really like that? If you mean about "breaking the computer by coming crashing down on it", uhhh, what I meant was basically falling asleep and tumbling off the bench, my not so svelte and delicate body landing on the laptop and turning it into a crumpled mass of electronic debris.
NOT, slamming it to the ground in a fit of rage or the like.

(at least in this case....lol, there have been moments though........LOL!)
D.

No comments: