Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Heatstroke Harangue.........OR........Countdown To Meltdown..............."

Good Afternoon;
So.....got to Timmonium Light Rail about 4:30 pm. and Tom picked me up about 15 minutes later and brought me back here to Jenn's. As soon as it was free I jumped in the shower to not only wash fully for the first time in a week, but to lower my core temperature, it was a beast out there!

Watched the grandkids, ate, did laundry, passed out from exhaustion.
Then I woke up 3 hours later at 2:00 am. and ha a piss poor night trying to get back to sleep.

I thought I could stay through the worst of the heat wave, maybe until Monday evening....but it ain't gonna happen. The only reason I did not leave when Jenn took the kids to Westminster to her mother's at 3:00 pm.is that she oes not have enough gas, so Tom is taking me to the train when he gets back from his DJ gig, sometime later this afternoon/early this evening. Of course with my luck, it will be in the middle of the thunderstorms forecast for then.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day, and tonight and tomorrow night the shed will be useless because of the heat.....I'm not a Happy Camper!

It's going to be a shitty Independence Day week!

Anybody with A/C who wants to have a houseguest for a couple nights please contact me, I'm even open to just spending sleeping hours there, days I can find a place to be.

Anyway, want to eat an grab another quick shower and pack now...

Later........................Dave

No comments: