Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Meteorology, Medical, Money, & Markouts................"

Good Morning;

Well another night/morning behind the library with the portable TV and the laptop.
It's 71 degrees now an quite comfortable, but...

Excessive Heat Watch from Fri, 11am until Fri, 9pm..EDT

5 Day Forecast

Updated: Jun 27, 2012, 11:08pm EDT

TodayJun 28

Sunny
99°F
81°F
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%
 
WIND:
WSW at 12 mph

FriJun 29

Partly Cloudy
104°
84°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%
 
WIND:
WNW at 12 mph

SatJun 30

Partly Cloudy
103°
84°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%
 
WIND:
WSW at 7 mph

SunJul 1

Mostly Sunny
103°
82°
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%
 
WIND:
WNW at 8 mph

MonJul 2

Partly Cloudy
97°
81°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%
 
WIND:
WNW at 6 mph

Heat Index values of 110 degrees are forecast, but...
Because heat index values were devised for shady, light wind conditions, exposure to full sunshine can increase heat index values by up to 15 degrees!

The Heat Index Chart
The Heat Index is a function of temperature and relative humidity. The combination of the two results in an apparent temperature which gives an idea of what it would feel like under normal-to-low humidity conditions.
The heat index also applies to shady, light wind conditions, so it feels even hotter than the heat index if a person is in direct sun. In the midst of a hot, dry, wind a person would also feel hotter than the heat index value due to the wind effects.
Excessive and dangerous heat indices occur mostly during the summer months with the abundance of moisture and increased heat.



Apparent Temperature Readings
  • Caution -- 85 to 94°F -- physical activity may cause fatigue
  • Extreme Caution -- 95 to 105°F -- possible heat cramps and/or heat exhaustion with prolonged exposure
  • Danger -- Above 105°F -- possible heat stroke with prolonged exposure; heat exhaustion and heat cramps likely

     


  • I was just reminded by a text from Jenn that she had asked me to watch the grand-monsters Friday night so she can speak at a meeting.
    That helps....I'll head up there sometime that afternoon and spend the night and try to weasel, I mean wheedle my way into Saturday and Sunday nights.
    It's the nights that are the worst, as you well know from my frequent comparisons of the shed to a sauna..... :)


    Anyway....tomorrow I HAVE! to get to the doctor's office and get prescription refills,  get blood and urine samples taken to find out WTF is going on with the liver and gallbladder that has me looking like frickin' Big Bird.
    Plus I want to find out why I keep experiencing seasickness like symptoms.......on dry land while not moving! Ended up lightheaded, dizzy, and nauseated as I was walking into the Giant last night to use the bathroom and fill my water bottle. Went into the restroom and began to gag, then puked, with nearly nothing to evacuate.
    But afterwards, except for the fact that it felt and tasted like an army had marched through my mouth.......I felt a good deal better.
    I just want to get this done before the Medical Assistance vanishes in a puff of smoke!
    I also need to find $20.00 ASAP to get enough 'bupes' to carry me through the weekend until the 2nd. and for bus fare.
    I want to try to find enough ($16.50) for a monthly pass before they go off sale.
    And I need to find a mailing address in Baltimore City as soon as possible too, Evan at the City Paper said they just need any address just for the files an end of year W-2 forms, so I'll ask Jenn about that.

    I'm still tickled to see my name in the paper, without a mug shot beside it......lol!
    Everybody at the coffee shop thought it was pretty cool too.
    I have been living on marked out bagels from the other day, some Dunkin' Dumpster doughnuts, and a jar of peanut butter I liberated from Jenn's, (she had 5 stashed away, one of which was about the size of a 55 gallon oil drum......lol!), the fresh cherries, grapes and pineapples put out to be sampled at Whole Foods, and today a couple of rescued breakfast sandwiches and pastries intercepted before reaching the trash can, and KoolAid Lemonade mix.
    Ummmm healthy.....
    It's cool enough to go and lay down now, and it's 2:30 am.
    so.....first the gas station, then the shed....

    Later.....................Dave

    No comments: