Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Drip Dry.................And Through The Mangle.............."

Good Morning;

And I mean that only partly facetiously...even though it is 3:32 pm.,

I just got up an hour ago. Wow! Talk about tired, I was in the shed and had dripped, blotted, twisted, and wrung myself out by 10:30 pm. last night, having been caught in a short duration but intense downpour walking from the Starbucks to the bus loop at Mt. Washington. Of course I was equidistant from any form of shelter, ahead, behind, or to either side....lol. I was both too tired and too sore, (not to mention too old and too fat...lol), to run, and it was still warm at the time....so the hell with it I just kept strolling. My feet already resembled giant prunes because I had the 'leaky sneaks' on, having misjudged the time the rain would start. I had intended to read for a bit but the rain began to really come down and a cold front started coming through bringing with it very gusty winds and the combination of the two plus the steady, monotonous, hypnotic rhythm of all the dripping leaks had a soporific effect lulling me to sleep. (Hmmm, if I was to record it and put it into a white noise generator/sleep machine....????).The 2 Dogfish Head IPAs at lunch and the fact that I slept about 45 minutes the night before at Jenn's may also have had a little to do with it....lol!


I woke up with the light on and sore as hell from the cramped position I fell asleep in, and from 3 out of the past four nights on Jenn's couch, (I think I have figured it out...more than twice in row or 4 times in a week, consecutive or not, and my body does not have time to untwist itself from the positions required to get comfortable....lol), around Midnight, turned off the lantern crawled into the sleeping bag, (the temps. were dropping rapidly at the time), and went to la-la land until 8:30 am. when the sound of the still pouring rain and the internal hydraulic pressure forced me to get up....or have a brand new 'water bed' of the wrong kind...lol. I took my morning meds and went back to sleep and the next thing I knew it was 1:35 pm.!
I took the old beat up, but generally water resistant boots and relaced them, (I use one of the heavy yellow braided laces as a 'belt' to tie around the beltloops of my jeans so I don't have that 'ghetto/thug/prison couture' look....lol!!), dressed and headed over to the Giant for some lukewarm instant coffee, (yes it's as bad as it sounds, they have turned the temperature of the 'hot...HA!...water down again, and to wash up. I grabbed a bag of potato chips that were on sale with my last buck to go with the 2 sausage egg and cheese muffins I snagged from the trash can at the coffee shop when the way to intense corporate clone shift leader was not looking. She is the one who would rather commit a moral crime and throw away an outrageous amount of donatable food items, (which, when I can I'll pass out on the train and the bus, because I cannot eat all I get sometimes nor store it safely), than break or bend any of the anile rules or regulations laid down by lawyers and bean counters. The other barrista just rolled his eyes and shook his head with a conspiratorial smile and looked away.
With the can of soda and the one instant coffee I have left, (and possibly the 2 beers I have had for the past 10 days but not really wanted), that will be enough food for today.
I should..(knock wood, cross fingers, rub the lucky, (for me not the bunny...lol), rabbits foot), get my little bit of monthly cash tomorrow. Thank goodness I held off on canceling my card when it went missing, or I'd be S.O.O.L. for another week or more.
OOPs....I'm out of time....see you tomorrow.
Later.....................Dave

No comments: