Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Blinded By The Light.....................& Hot And Steamy..............."

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm here at the library because it's 91 degrees outside with a heat index of 99 degrees.....and it's only freakin' May!!!



I was in the shed until after 1:00 pm. today and it was almost like a Sauna, (a good thing we have not had rain in the last few days because with all the water that runs in and then gets soaked up by the wood and cardboard it would have been a Steam Bath!), because when I woke up at 5:55 am. for hydrolic reasons, (and no that is NOT a misspelling...lol), and nearly collapsed in the process as my lower back and left shoulder muscles began to spasm at the same moment. (I'm just glad I was outside....ever see what heppens when you turn on the water full blast to a garden hose and the nozzle is open and unattended......lol). With my normal morning meds I took the prescribed muscle relaxant that I have not been taking every day since I have not had any problems recently with spasming, (in any shape or form...sadly...lol), and the next thing I knew it was 12:10 pm. I had wanted to attend the meeting at Health Care For The Homeless regarding the upcoming debut of the new 'Street Paper' im Baltimore, but I slept throughall the alarm settings and a wake-up call.


When I did get up I was feeling hot, dirty, sweaty, and as wrung out as an old dishrag. I packed up and walked over to the Giant, (and as I was closing and latching the door I saw a car in the lodge parking lot so I dropped my bags and hurriedly got the door finished. I was picking up my bags when the door across the lot opened and an old guy walked out to his car. I think I'm covered and he only saw me as readjusting my load in the shade and not coming out of the shed.

I spent an hour in the Giant just taking advantage of the A/C and talking to people, after I washed up some and made my coffee. I got a kick out of watching one of the 'undercover'....Ha!- can you spell obvious boys and girls....lol...security people setting up a small mirror, from a woman's 'compact', flipped up and opened on the ledge above the poultry case so that it looked up and into the cosmetics/hygiene aisle. Discreet?....it was so out of place it drew the eyes of everyone in the store passing by, not to mention any potential shoplifters. With the camera systems in place there why bother?

He eventually started popping up everywhere I turned around, so I did the same thing I did when he was last at this store, keep walking all over the store, stopping immediately after turning a blind corner into an aisle so he nearly ran into me as I was examining a label, and repeatedly changing my mind after putting something in my basket and then returning it to it's proper shelf. In the meantime carrying on conversations with about a dozen store employees who know me by name....lol.

Geez...this guy is the epitome of the word 'squirrelly'....he saw me leave all my bags by the front so there would be no suspicion of shoplifting, I also leave the cart or basket with soon to be purchases outside the restroom when I go in, and I even went and told the lady in the bakery that 3 rolls of '$2.00 off' stickers had been left in a cart of reduced items and were about to be pocketed by a couple of 'thug wannabees',....this guys job in fact...lol.


Don't follow me just because I'm homeless, not only is it an insult, perpetuating a steroetype, and profiling, but you are showing your incompetence and ignoring actual episodes of stealing.


Anyway, here I am just killing time before I head over to Jenn's. As I was coming across the Giant parking lot about 10:15 pm. last night I saw a couple of young women walk out and towards me. One of them was wearing a bright, very nearly flourescent "PINK!!!" tee shirt that caught and kept the attention....to the point that I was 6 feet away when I heard 'Hi Dad' and saw that the other woman was Jenn and that the 'light stick' was her cousin Sydney....lmao!!!

She asked me if I could watch the grandmonsters tonight while she and Tom went to a meeting. I'm heading over there in about an hour. While there I'm going to eat, shower, see if I have enough clothes for a load of wash, and spend the night in the A/C with the cable.


I am missing a whole post from yesterday that somehow was eaten by the Internet, so I'll be back later to re-write and re-post.

Later...................Dave

No comments: