Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Dog Day Afternoon.........................And Boy Are My Dogs Tired!..........................."

Good Evening;

It was a late day but a fun day. I got out about 2:00 pm. and went over to Rachel's with the intention of walking down to Starbucks with her puppy Watson. But we ended up wandering through her apartment complex playing at the different playgrounds and walking the 'Fitness Trail'. I never realized how big the complex is, nor how up and down it is built on the hillsides of Mt. Washington overlooking the Jones Falls Valley. Then we took the dog back to the apartment and had a bite to eat, and being so late in the day by then, instead of going down to the coffee shop took the laptop out on the balcony and played 'Bookworm Adventures Deluxe' her favorite spelling game. Then we went outside again with one of her brothers, my former stepson, and we walked to the other end of the complex to the big playground area, climbed all over the new-fangled jungle gym, oh...excuse me I mean the "scientifically designed, ergonomically constructed, environmentally conscious, and child safe, outdoor stationary mind-body modular exercise system and coordination builder"...(lol)..and took the long way back........I'm beat!
Back at her mother's apartment we watched TV with her brothers and her mother was at the table on her laptop, and her boyfriend was in the kitchen getting dinner.........weird, but not really uncomfortable.....thank goodness. I've seen way too many messy scenes between ex'es and currents and the kids stuck in the middle getting traumatized......like her first husband and everyone he comes in contact with. I ended up catching the 9:10 pm. bus that I normally take, back to the Metro station and the bus up here to the shed.
I sat outside of the First Watch Cafe reading for an hour an stopped in the Giant to fill my water bottle and got in the shed at 11:35 pm., just in time to watch the first of the Saturday night TV trinity I watch every week, 'Criminal Minds, The Unit, & Cold Case Files', mostly for enjoyment purposes, but you never know what might come in handy one day, technical/legal information-wise......lol.

I started typing this post after I myself and the TV arranged, and have been typing at intervals as I have to keep swapping the power cord from one to the other because both device's batteries need charging....that's why it took so long to post......lol.
I need to scrounge a 3 or 4 outlet adapter, so I can take care of the phone and lantern also.

When I was at Rachel's I had a salmon salad sandwich and some 'pink' potato salad that her mom had made up, which is ironic because pink salmon is what I have left in the way of food, along with 1/3 of a jar of peanut butter and tonight's stock of 'Dunkin Munchkins' and a few honey dips from the big, green, 'leftover doughnut disposal container' in the rear of the store.
Unless I score a couple of slices of bread tomorrow....I may be eating doughnut and salmon sandwiches with mayo..........lol! It's 3:45 so I'm outta here for now. I'm also wondering why my May minutes are not on my phone, usually just after midnight on the 1st of the month they are right there. It makes me nervous about whether I missed a letter or notification in the mail, same for D.S.S. and the court system. After Rachel's mother moved, I'm not sure at which agencies I formally changed my mailing address to Jenn's, and I don't know whether the 'ex' included me on the change of address form to the Postal Service when she moved....more worries.

Anyway, it's bedtime for real now,
Later..............................Dave

No comments: