Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Catch Up.....................OR...............................Caught Up?..................

Good Evening;
Well, this is the first day in a while that I've had anything like a 'normal' daytime schedule. Partly it was the totally wrecked sleep patterns and partly the fault was mine by surrendering to the ennui and inertia generated by not going to sleep until 7:00 or 8:00 am. and getting up at 2-3-4 or even 5:00 pm. and making the decision to 'eff it' and just stay in the shed and isolate, leaving only for sanitary reasons and food shopping. In part the reason was the weather pattern of the previous 2 weeks and the periods of heavy rain and thunderstorms where I was not leaving the shed just to get soaked just getting to the bus stop....with nowhere to go really.

So I guess you could say it was half 'tropical depression' and half 'clinical depression'.................lol.

Sunday I ended up spending a large part of the day on the phone with 'M', my former therapist, and with the doctor and caseworker at the hospital where the woman 'XXXXX' had been admitted trying to give them as much background and detail as I knew, (which was very little), and my recitation and impressions of the events and conversations of Thursday night/Friday morning. I also made contact with our mutual friend, who I have not seen or spoken to in 7 (?) years....(!!Where has the time gone!!)...and out her in contact with the 'proper authorities' as it were. I also found out, in bits and pieces scattered throughout the conversations, (between HIIPA and doctor/patient confidentiality laws which immediately took effect, and basic, common decency, some questions can't be asked, others can't be answered, but either through accident or allusion conclusions can be formed.), I found out there was a HELL of a lot more going on medically, psychologically, and legally than I had realized......and I knew enough that I was out of my depth and to yell for help immediately as you can see.
(To steal and paraphrase a line from Holly McClane, {Bonnie Bedelia} to John McClane, {Bruce Willis} at the end of "Die Hard 2" ;
-- 'Why does this keep happening to me?'--.......LOL!

I ended up leaving to go to the coffee shop about 3:00 pm., and getting there at 6:10 pm thanks to the MTA and the total SNAFU of the bus and both train systems.
I guess the fact that so many drivers worked so much overtime on Preakness Saturday, either they just had the hours to take off, and/or MTA exceeded its payroll budget and didn't call in replacements, but routes did not have all their runs covered, and the trains were running farther apart than they should have been.

Leaving the coffee shop at close, 8:00 pm., I got back to Pikesville and the Giant at 11:00 pm. again 3 hours for an hour and a half, (on Sunday) trip. [Ooops my bad, I forgot that I stopped at Jenn's to drop off a bag off goodies from Starbucks and Whole Foods I had been gifted with, so subtract 20 minutes from MTA's deficit.....lol].
I ended up watching my usual 'post 11:00 pm. News line up' of 'Criminal Minds', 'Numb3rs', and 'Without A Trace' until 2:30 am. and then catching the end of 'Elvira's Movie Macabre' -"Manos: The Hands Of Fate" voted one of the Worst movies of all time, by every movie site on and off the web. It is AWESOME in it's badness! It's just great!
I ended up going to sleep at 3:00 am......and waking at 5:00 am. to go to the gas station to use the bathroom, and not getting back to sleep. I ended up reading, being online on the laptop, and again on the phone all morning, planning to get up and out at any minute but dozing in and out over and over again. Jenn texted me about 1:00 pm. asking if I could baby sit that evening and night, just as I was writing to ask her about a shower, so I just ended up staying in the shed until the heat drove me out a few hours later and I puttered in the Giant and then waited at the bus stop, (for another scheduled bus which did not show, so I caught the next one due....which was only 15 minutes late), getting to Jenn's about 6:00 pm.

This morning, Monday, I was out of Jenn's at 9:15 am. leaving my bags and heading down to Monkee's on the subway to grab my meds for the rest of the month, getting back about 11:30 am. I played with Devin and had lunch, rolling out about 1:00 pm. and getting here at the coffee shop at 2:00 pm. Other than having my buddy Neil Rubin, Editor of The Baltimore Jewish Times, and his son stop by this Starbucks just to say hello, it has been totally uneventful to day.

Oh, Except for running into a guy on the train who I used to mention "Mike", (who I think is really named Leon?..lol), a homeless guy from Pikesville who was always having run-ins with the police and property owners. (He would do things like sleep in the elevator at the Target parking garage at night and not wake up intime to get out in the morning before being caught, he also got caught sleeping on top of the dryers at the in-house (not for guests) laundry room at the Ramada Inn in Pikesville. He told me he got locked up for sleeping in the breezeway of a synagogue on Park Heights Ave........and instead of a 90 day trespassing charge the prosecutor tried to stick him with a B & E , and 10 years......and he waited 15 months for a trial....Yeah...Uh Huh........LOL! He says he's now living in a room on Poplar Grove, (that's the 'hood....he's white......it's not a 'room'....it's a halfway house) . Not that I have anything against halfway houses....did my time & saved my ass and soul! It's just that there are so many holes in his story, he forgets that I saw him in the 'crack holes' as I passed by on the bus way to many times to be coincidence, and yet he denied ever smoking crack or drinking.....which is why he's mandated to Na and AA every day?
Having beem banned from almost every store in Pikesville at one time or another, and instantly defensive and aggressive at any encounter with authority, and it was always 'their' fault, he was the poster boy for the 'bad' homeless stereotype.
For some reason I ended up his 'Father Confessor' and got to hear how everyone was 'out to get' him. I passed on sandwiches and pastries when I could, figuring anything that kept him from shoplifting was not only good for him, but for the merchants too..........and quite honestly for my own good too regarding the way they treated street people.
Anyway as he said goodbye getting off to go 'pee in the cup' at Parole & Probation, he verbally stumbled for a minute, coming out with 2 partial names before I called him 'Mike' to remind him which alias he had been using with me......lol. Nothing like a bad liar with a poor memory...................LOL!

Hell....Gotta go closing time
Later...........Dave

No comments: