Monday, May 2, 2011

"Burn In Hell---OBL!"........... &. .........."Don't Forget To Thank A Vet!!"

Good Evening;
So, it's May 1st, May Day;
Workers Of The World UNITE!...&...Dyslexics Of The World UNTIE!
LOL!!
But seriously,

www.povertyinsights.org/2011/05/02/the-military-is-the-home-of-the-few-and-the-proud-but-homeless-veterans-are-the-many-and-broken/

[ sorry, no link :-( ]
A story on America's neglect of homeless veterans.....
on the same day that President Obama came on TV to announce that
Osama bin Laden has been confirmed killed and his body recovered by the same military heroes we ignore when they come home traumatized by what they've seen and gone through, and then ignore again when we see them, or DON'T see them as we walk by.

My day was basically uneventful, I did get the phone minutes as soon as I signed off this morning. I had $0.66 left on my Foodstamps card so with the $0.05 rebate for not using a plastic bag at the Giant I was able to get $0.67 a poppyseed roll...and still have $0.04 left.....lol. Lunch at the coffee shop was the pink salmon and mayo on a poppyseed roll with the Dunkin Munchkins I salvaged last night and coffee I did not realize I had. Rachel called me this evening and told me how much fun she had yesterday and we made plans to take a longer walk with the dog, and pack a lunch too, next weekend.
Allen stopped by and told me he was meeting his on/off again girlfriend and to keep a low profile until after they talked. He came over after she left and we caught up on the past couple months.
Everytime I think about his past year...it puts mine in perspective. He broke his foot, it got infected and gangrenous and he lost his lower left leg, then his kidneys failed and he almost died and now he is on 3 times a week dialysis. After he got his prosthesis and was doing better than average, he fell and broke his right arm in 26 places between his elbow and shoulder and needed emergency surgery......which needed to be redone and a whole shoulder replacement implanted. And in the middle of all his his mother died, in a fall and was not discovered immediately. Talk about a load of sh*t.

Well, we closed up the coffee shop and I wanted to read more of my book so I rode the light rail down and back and then the subway out to Old Ct. station, where I ended up helping this older guy whose batteries had died on his powered scooter/wheelchair....DAMN those thing are a pain in the butt to push, especially the ones that cannot be put in a 'neutral' or 'ungeared' state. They are geared SO low that even downhill on the ramp it was like pushing a locomotive.

Anyway, I got back to the shed just in time to set the TV up and have CSI:Miami interrupted by the network with news that President Obama was coming on with a special announcement of national and international importance........and then teased everyone for 35 minutes until he came on.
Meanwhile FB just exploded with comments.

I'm heading over to Jenn's in the morning to shower and hopefully do a load of clothes at some point in the day, I still need to get to JAI to try to get my BP meds renewed, so depending on the time......?????
So, again hopefully, I'm going to try to sleep now.....or at least when 'NUMB3RS' is over.

Later...........................Dave

No comments: