Monday, May 30, 2011

"Sweat Box........................"

Good Evening;

I'm about to pack up here at the Starbucks and step out into that miserable soup of heat and humidity tempered with the delicate odor of raw sewage and auto exhaust that passes for an atmosphere in Baltimore when the temperature reaches 90 and above. I'm waiting on a text from Jenn letting me know whether to take the bus or if she will give me a ride back to Pikesville. I really hope she will because I'm falling asleep and starting to fall over into the laptop and violently jerking awake. It's not fun and makes me an easy target on the bus or train.
Good...she just got back to me, she'll pick me up.

(My friend Abe just stopped in to say hello on his way to a meeting. I have not seen him in a few months and got no reply to my e-mails. He had me friend him on FB....now we will be in touch. He is the guy who gave me the portable, digital TV, and the SONY digital camera for Rachel, and bought me the boots, (well the cash for them), that cracked all over the place, but which I'm still wearing! )

I ended up at her house to shower about 12:15 pm. and watched the kids while she stepped out for an hour with her friend. I left there just before 3:00 pm. and started over to here, by the time I reached the Metro subway I was soaked again, rendering the damn shower a waste of time and clean clothes. At least the A/C here at the coffeeshop is working very well this year....so far.

Between the heat and discomfort of the shed, the insomnia induced by being forced to take a needed dose of meds later than I liked, and the mental miasma that overcame me after thinking too much on certain subjects that helped trigger an expected slipping over the crest and onto the downhill slope of the depressive curve....I either did not sleep or slept very poorly last night and this morning. Falling asleep after 9:00 am. and after receiving Jenn's text about coming over to shower and taking morning meds. I woke up at 11:22 am. feeling as if I was the rim of a Margarita glass, crusted with dried salt.

CLOSING TIME!
Gotta run, and Jenn's here too.

Okay,I'm back at the shed after stopping at the Giant and the gas station, and reading in front of First Watch Cafe on the bench. I had stopped by the shed and plugged in the fan hoping it would cool things off. I was gone an hour.....a barely noticeable difference. I've got the fan (a small, 8 inch?, pedestal type pointed right at me, blowing down the length of my body.....well at least ONE side of me is dry at a time.

Too nasty to be in here tonight....too sleepy not to be.

Later Dave

No comments: