Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Just Call Me Toodles................................ I've Lost My Marbles Too.........................."

Good Morning;
Well yesterday, (Tuesday), was for the most part uneventful. I was up again all Monday night and could not get to sleep until 7:00 am., which made the 5:30 am. phone call from Monkee more of a surprise than a rude awakening...lol. She urgently needed something back that she had given me mistakenly, and had promised to someone else, but there was no possible way to accomplish that until after 7:00 pm. as I was committed to being at Jenn's to watch Devin, and she had to be at work.

When I finally fell asleep, nearing exhaustion, 30 minutes later I was awakened by the sound of raised voices and rapid fire Spanish, and then metallic clangs and thumps, and an even louder voice shouting and cursing in broken Spanish and fluent colloquial English vernacular. Slipping out of the shed and peeping around the corner I found out that it was two employees of one of the many lawn care services that happen to be located in the immediate area arguing about who would be using the brand new tractor and who would be using the weed-wacker. They had been hitting the Modelo early today and were already half loaded, and were getting a little bit physical, the third voice was the foreman from Bawlmer, mangling his Spanish,....Spanglish??...., breaking it up and then destroying the rest of the twelve pack......lol.

I headed back inside and tried to get to sleep again, but I was so worried about not waking up in time to get to Jenn's and her missing her doctors appointment, I ended up only dozing in and out and checking the time every 20 minutes. I eventually gave up around 9:30 am and went over to the Giant to wash my face and then jumped on the bus.
I spent the day and evening with Devin, and with Edward when he got home from school. I was able to take a much needed shower and do a load of laundry and we watched "Hook" on the VCR. {And if you've never seen the movie....Peter Pan married Wendy's grand daughter..... Hmmm....I wonder what the Psychologists and Psychiatrists have to say about the dynamics of that triangle.....or quadrangle, we can't leave out Tinkerbell!!!.....lol!}
I was able to leave my bags there and headed over to the Metro subway about 7:15 pm. with the intention of meeting Monkee at Johns Hopkins Hospital, where she works, as the subway ends there and has an exit/entrance into the hospital itself, then getting right back on the train to Reisterstown Plaza station and back to Jenn's to pick up my bags and laundry and head up to the shed.

Well.....what should have been a 45 minute round trip took almost 3 hours! First the subway train did not show up for 30 minutes when it is scheduled to run every 10 minutes, which I found out was due to single tracking for some type of work being done, after rush hour ends. Usually it is announced over the intercom, so people can adjust their connection times to the buses....but not this time. Then..... when I get to Hopkins and call Monkee, she was at home! Turns out that she is running a high fever and was a bit spaced/delirious, and totally forgot she had talked to me an hour ago and drove home on auto-pilot. (I knew she was sick and we had talked about this on Monday night when I saw her....what is crazy is that she is working in a hospital, [not treating patients], and her bosses would not let her leave early or take off! And if she follows the proper procedure and goes to the doctor and gets a note.....she, {and anyone else who does the same, so it is not her being singled out}, ends up having to lose many more days of work and pay because even if she has a note from the doctor saying she is fit to work, it must be reviewed and sent through channels and she sits home...healthy and losing money......seems like a pretty screwed up system of bureaucracy!?!?)....but I digress.
So I took the bus to her house and back, which is not far, but that time of night the buses are running every 30 minutes, and with my typical luck...because I wasted time when I got down there trying to call her and could not because it happens to be one of the few dead zones I have found for my cell phone, the bus I COULD have caught went right by, before I knew I'd need it......thank you Mr. Murphy, for another example of one of the corollaries to your well known law.....................lol!

Anyway, I got back to Jenn's, grabbed my bags and a handful of baked ziti, (literally, I put the leftover wedge in a baggie and ate it like a squeeze pop.....lol!), and scampered back to the bus stop as it started to rain, to catch the same #59 that I usually catch on the way back from the coffee shop, [which happened the other day from Jenn's and with the #58 when I was leaving Rachel's....there's something karmic going on here......or I'm being prepped for a trip to....."The Twilight Zone"......]....(lol.....ya see what happens when the lack of sleep catches up with me)......{with the pretty religious Christian driver with whom I have regular talks with about the differences and similarities of Christianity and Judaism. I seem to be his 'go to guy' when he has a question about rituals or traditions....lol. If I don't know the answer, I'll look it up for next time, or ask someone more involved.
I went into the Giant to fill my water bottle and to check something in one of the newspapers on the rack, and sat outside FirstWatch to read until the rain started to get heavy, about 11:40 pm. I came in here and lay down and went right to sleep...for 2 damn hours! Now it's 3:00 am. and I'm still awake, which is why I'm here online. I think...THINK!, I can get back to sleep fairly soon at this point......sooo.....

Later............................................Dave

No comments: