Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Horse Sense.........or............Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.........................."

Good Evening;
A low key day as my sleep deficit, which was approaching the size of the current U.S. budget deficit, was slightly reduced. I was up at 7:00 am. and texted Jenn about what time to come over and shower and do laundry. She said after about 11:30 am., so I took my morning meds and lay back down to sleep for 2 more hours..... 4 hours later when I woke up, sleeping through the alarm, I texted her and said I'd be there a little late, which was okay because her friend who was picking her up at 1:3o pm. is known to run at least 15 minutes behind....lol.

So I got there at 20 after 1:00 pm. played with the grand-monsters for a few minutes, ate, showered, did laundry and was folding and bagging it when she got back about 6:00 pm. We watched Shackleford win the Preakness, with Animal Kingdom starting his run up just a few lengths too late for his speed to top out, coming in a real close second, with Astrology and Dialed In 3rd and 4th.
Then I rolled out to leave so Jenn and Tom could have a 'date nite', Jenn having left the kids at her mother's.

After seeing the bus I wanted go by as I waited to cross the street, I walked over to the subway station to catch the #27. As I started to get on I said "Hell No!" and jumped back off, having suddenly realized that the bus went right by the race track....on 2 sides!.....lol. I got on the subway to the light rail, the first full of infield drunks, most of them frat boy and girl types, or preppies, normally pasty white but today looking like Maryland crabs steamed in beer, with the infield dirt and grass all over them like Old Bay...........lol!, the second full of families returning from the Orioles game, (which they won 8-3, partly redeeming themselves for an embarrassing 17-5 loss to the Washington Nationals the night before), and went to Starbucks for an hour or so. I sat out back after they closed and got on the laptop and had a beer with the other two folks who also had the same idea, until we got tired of breathing gnats and listening to the tree frogs just keep getting louder and louder.

I again watched the bus I had wanted pulling away and sat at the Mt. Washington loop waiting for the next bus, which was 15 minutes late, watching all the drunks stumbling from the Mt. Washington Tavern (where a whole sh*tload of the Grandstand drunks went after the races), trying to get cabs and fighting over the cabs with people who actually called and ordered one.......LMAO.......I love/hate friggin' amateurs!..................lol.

Well since I missed all my connections I did not get back to the gas station until almost midnight. I play $2.00 on the Keno, which I have not done for a while, (my luck had gone south, so I gave it a rest and time to recuperate), and ended up doing the bet $2, win $2, bet $2, lose $1-win $1, bet $1 win $2 ......until I hit for $25.00, when I had just pocketed my initial $2.00 stake and said this is the last one! I added $20.00 to the pocket and gave Daniel $5.00 to cover the couple bucks I owed him and a thank you for waiting.

By then it was almost 12:30 am. and time to get over to the shed to set the TV and antenna up for my latest weekend addiction, "The Unit", (also "Criminal Minds, before, and "Cold Case Files" after to a lesser extent, on Saturday nights, 11:35 pm.-2:30 am..., on Sunday it's, "C. M" again, "Numb3rs", and "Without A Trace").
Now......OMG!, I'm watching "E.T.- The Mary Hart's Last Show Extravaganza!!!"
It's kind of scary how many of the clips I recognize! The only reason I started watching is because the TV is juuuusssttt that far out of reach, and I'm too comfortable to get up and turn it off. Of course I also checked TitanTV online for the schedule, and between this the farm report, and Jerry Springer, this won.....lol.
BUT!!!! What has been called 'the worst movie ever made'....."Manos: The Hands Of Fate" is on, being aired by WBFF-DT2/THIS TV/45-2, on,
'Elvira's Movie Macabre'........way cool!
Elvira-Mistress Of The Dark = aka = Cassandra Peterson
is still around, and at 60 years old this September,
she is STILL hotter than Hell!!
And without the wig, make up, and 'almost a dress' from "Cleavages 'R Us",
she's one damn good lucking woman too!
Her tagline for this incarnation:
"I'm the Piece/Peace everybody wants to Rest In"
Amen to that!...................lol!


Okay, I'm back, now I've just blown 2 hours chasing links on YouTube, it's like that Dr. Suess book....."OH, The Places You'll Go!".................lol.

Anyway...it's now 5:30 am. and I can't focus my eyes, it's as I was viewing everything through a Vaseline covered window.
Later........................Dave

No comments: