Monday, January 25, 2010

"Another..........Blast From The Past............"

Good Afternoon;

Rachel and I had a great day yesterday, after we left the library we walked to McDonalds, then walked up to Target. The "Dollar Racks" are just inside the door and she got to choose 6 things. Of course being an almost 6 year old little girl her choices of.. a miniature 6 inch globe; a set of little farm animals, (not all in proportion, one of the geese is as big as the horse, and there are three different sizes of chickens...lol); a 15 inch tall red velveteen rose with a wire cored bendable stem; a frog shaped board clock face with movable hands and an erasable 'white board' below it for learning to tell time; a 2 pack of nail polish, (red and clear coat); and a large, flat, coiled in to a heart shaped, cherry all day sucker don't seem to be related to any one theme...lol. I went back to Jenn's to get my bag and ended up staying the night due to circumstance and exhaustion, and the weather. I literally ended up passed out on the couch from all the tension, stress and excitement, both good and bad, of the past week or so.

I woke up at 4:30 am. and it was pouring down rain and blowing sideways, the wind was so strong, I texted Paul and we postponed meeting until tomorrow afternoon.


Edward, my grandson, and I came to an understanding this morning, he woke up rude, surly, and disobedient, to his mom and me....and after I picked him up by his pajamas and carried him back to his bed.....he came to understand that if he wanted to live through the day he had better change his attitude... so I told him he had a "free DO-OVER", and could start his day all over with a clean slate, or he could stay in his bed all day and not make a noise, watch TV, or eat....or even breathe loud!...

It's amazing how good he has been today!

To quote Mel Brooks, from 'History Of The World--Part II'..."It's Good To Be The King"!!!


I got an e-mail today from the former best friend of my first wife, (Jenn's mom), today. She was introduced to the blog by Jenn from their Facebook connection, she has a daughter Jenn's age, and they were all living together at one point, if memory serves me.

It really was a thrill to make contact with someone I have not seen in 20 years, and an honor to have her say she liked the blog and would come back for more...Thanks Colleen, it is things like this that make my day and keep me writing!


I am going back to Jenn's in a few minutes, I am babysitting again for them because Jenn's best friend celebrates an anniversary tonight at their homegroup. I'll probably spend the night again, so I can wash some clothes and shower before going to meet Paul tomorrow afternoon.


Later.....Dave


No comments: