Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Jack Of Hearts Lookimg For His 'Roller Derby Queen'.................."

Good Afternoon;
I had a great day yesterday!
Something told me to run off a couple copies of my book in the morning and I did so, and ended up giving one to Phil Jacobs of the JT, which was planned for. I met a woman and her husband at the Mt. Washington Starbucks when we shared a table, and it ended uo that they were regular customers and big fans of my desserts at the coffee shop I used to work at in Fells Point, 'Funks Democratic Coffee Spot'. We were talking about art and writing and poetry, and I pulled out my book to show her a sample, she being a writer also, and she asked if she could keep it and handed me $5.00! Before reading it!!! Pretty damn cool! Then my friend Lynn from the Starbucks in Pikesville walked in looking for me to surprise me..which she did!..and said she wanted to be able to read some of my stuff again one day...She was on the way out in a hurry as we had gotten deeper into conversation than we had realized, and she hda a hair appointment, so as she was getting her coat on I whipped out a pen and signed the last copy I had with me and handed it to her.....geee, she is a great hugger!!!..(woe is me...the story of my life...liked, loved and trusted by ANOTHER happily married woman)..LOL!

I stopped by the Sunpapers after picking up the Ice Show tickets at the Arena and left an envelope with $26.00 cash in it for Kevin Cowherd, (it took me a year to do it, with many different reasons contributing to the delay, from not having money when I thought about it, to not being able to get down there when I did have it or needing to divert planned funds to a more pressing situation, to having money in hand and simply and inexcusably not thinking about it), the irony being that it was money he offered to give me to take Rachel to the Ice Show..LAST YEAR!!..which I said I would accept if he let me pay him back. A small load of guilt has been lifted from my mind,..(and this HAS been eating at me for a long time!)..virtue being it's own reward, even when slightly tarnished by time.
Yesterday Phil from the JT asked for mine and Jenn's permission to contact her for the story coming out on Feb. 12th...and today there was an e-mail from Evan of Baltimore Mag. asking the same thing for their story in the March issue...Hmmmm, do all executive editors in Baltimore share the same brain???.....LOL!
I helped Mary with the trash cans at the Starbucks (it may not sound like much..but these cans are a beat up, nasty, broken down, filthy mess, with busted wheels and half full of foul heavy crud that is permanently bonded to the bottom, new cans are SUPPOSED to have been ordered, but Starbucks is a corporation that spends more on it's image and petty rules than on making the job easier for the employee ), and she handed me a bag of sandwiches as I was leaving last night..(the new tuna melt is pretty good).
Caveat Emptor and the Perpetuation of a Stereotype..(by the stereotypee!!):
For you own good avoid the dollar store in the Pikesville Shopping Center. It is owned and run by an Asian family who treat every customer as either a potential thief, or a 'mark' to be taken advantage of. They sell shoddy merchandise..EVEN FOR A DOLLAR STORE IT IS CRAP!!!)..and will not replace or refund anything to any one...EVEN IF THE PRODUCT BREAKS AS YOU TRY TO USE IT, AFTER PAYING FOR IT WHILE YOU HAVE NOT EVEN LEFT THE STORE YET!!!
That last paragraph speaks for itself!
I am out of here for coffee and food at the Starbucks. I am supposed to babysit and spend the Friday night at Jenn's, and probably the weekend if it snows like some of the forecasters have been predicting, and the front moves a few miles north of I-95.
If we DO NOT get a real mess on Saturday, I am thinking of going to see the Charm City Roller GRRLLS, at DuBurns arena that night...anybody want to go with me, (if you are female and single....I'll buy your ticket....LOL....[NO! SERIOUSL,,, I Will!].
I'm outta here.....Dave

No comments: