Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Mommy I Don't Feel So Good Today..................'

Good Morning;
So "Somebody Shoot Me!!!",
I ended up at the gas station for the second half of the Ravens game on Saturday night, it was a fitting end to a lousy day, 'nuff said on that subject, except, I'm pulling for the Jets to beat Indianapolis, and the New Orleans Saints to win the Super Bowl.
I spent Sunday and Monday at the Starbucks, since the library was closed. I stopped by to see Rachel on the way, and gave her a 4 pack of fancy cupcakes from the coffee shop. (I ended up doing a lot of walking on Monday due to the fact that it was MLK day and the buses, though supposed to be on a regular daily schedule, were all screwed up because all the drivers with any seniority took the day off and the routes were manned by 'newbies', and drivers unfamiliar with the routes they were substituting on.) I saw Jenn also after her meeting, and she gave me a ride back to Pikesville.
Sunday's rain was no help to my throat, my sinuses or my aching joints, I have had trouble sleeping the past few days, waking up after 90 minutes or 2 hours and thinking it was much, much longer. I have felt 'fuzzy', as if I had a mild hangover..(but there has been no cause for that effect??), for the past three days. I am going over to Jenn's shortly for a long hot shower, that should help some.
I ran into Sean, the boyfriend of Jillian, two of the semi-homeless, semi-clean people from my old corner at I-83 and North Ave. yesterday, and I was able to hand him $5.00 for the meds that he gave me back in October when we ran into each other at the train station as I was getting out of the detention center in Towson, and could not reach Monkee. This was the first time I had seen him since, and had any cash on me, it was a pleasant surprise for us both. For me to return a favor, and him because he was broke. He told me that one of the two junkie duos that had taken over the corner got locked up the other day for assault, and, (for attacking Jillian and trying to force her off the corner), disorderly conduct, (for spitting on a cop), and aggressive panhandling, et. al. They were the ones who always called the cops anonymously and told them that whoever was on the corner when they wanted to be there was either selling drugs or turning tricks. As much as I miss the money, (and to be honest the social interaction with a whole variety of people), I am glad I am not involved in this 'mishegas'!
I am out of time and my eyes are tired, and out of focus, more later tonight, or if not..tomorrow................Dave

No comments: