Saturday, January 16, 2010

"I'm Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!"

Good Afternoon;

I feel like crap today, exhausted from 2 poor nights sleep and a scratchy throat, which I hope is only a symptom of the very dry and dusty, forced hot air heat at Jenn's apt., and NOT the sore throat..(possibly strep!)..that my grandson Ed woke up crying with this morning.
To use a very descriptive quote, (which I cannot remember where I read it at), "I Feel Like Two Bags Of Dead Mice!". Whatever point of reference you want to use....you know exactly how I feel!!

I spent Thursday night and Friday there as planned so they had a sitter for the kids and could get to the funeral and related activities. Jenn and I watched, the first time for her and about the 20th for me..

"When Do We Eat!!" (Written by Salvador Litvak and Nina Davidovich, Directed by Salvador Litvak, 2006)

(Who also happens to read the blog on occasion, and has exchanged e-mails with me and sent me a gift last year, after I mentioned the movie.)

Having grown up in both a dysfunctional Jewish and Catholic household, Jenn really appreciated the movie, and we laughed our heads off, (and teared up a bit at the end to.....shhhh, don't tell, we're both a couple of softies.....lol).

As I was finished packing up and had actually left and started walking up the sidewalk, she came out and said I could stay the night, if I would watch the kids in the morning, because she had to drop Tom off at work in Dundalk at some ungodly hour near dawn, and really did not want to drag the kids out of bed so early. I said yes, even though I had been looking forward to some sleep, stretched out flat instead of on the recliner, which seems to inhibit both sleep and circulation. It was not that cold out so I really did not mind being in the shed..(and tentative plans were that I was coming back to watch the football game tonight anyway by myself..{since I was inundated with invitations, and could not decide which of you to grace with my presence....NOT!!!....LOL!}..and the kids would be at their grandmother's..[my first wife, Jenn's mom]..and Tom and Jenn were going over her friend's
house to watch the game. But who knows WTF is happening now, because Tom had a migraine and did not work, and Edward is sick and not spending the night at 'Gramma Ernie's'. {so I'm free to accept from anyone who asks me...lol!}. Rachel was supposed to come over and play yesterday too, but with Ed's cough, we canceled that to. What a typical "clusterf*ck"!
It gets a bit tense over there at the best of times when everyone is home, when half the family is sick and the dog has an ear infection AND a skin ailment that has her stinking to high heaven and scratching ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!....it is not that strange that the shed and solitude and independence look pretty damn attractive.
I was discussing that very topic with the guys from Baltimore Magazine, and the JT, trying to explain my choices as regards freedom vs. control as related to shelters, agencies and organizations, living with people who I would not choose to associate with when I was shooting dope-so why would I want to be there clean; and making myself as comfortable as possible with the resources available when the difference would be negligible towards getting a place to live.
I've heard people say, "You're homeless, why are you taking your daughter to a movie?"...My reply was, "When you can show me an apartment that I can rent for the $11.00 I just spent for a matinee....we'll talk...".
Anyway..Thursday was a blast, after we left here for the second time we went to the Starbucks at Mt. Washington for a couple hours, [doing what I do best...tlking about myself....LOL!], and some more photos. (I asked Dave the photographer if he could 'PhotoShop' off 15 or 20 pounds for the chosen pictures...lol!) I told Evan that even though I was eating all this up and it was feeding my ego bigtime, my story did not seem all that fascinting or unusual to me.
I was watching a lot of the coverage from Haiti, in the wake of the earthquake in the past few days, it really puts a lot of things in perspective. No matter how bad it may seem that my situation is...they are going through some seriously "BAD SH*T"! I dropped a $5.00 in a collection box at a church on the way here..FYI!!..be careful..some real scum are trying to use this as stup for a scam!!!
Time is up...See you on Tuesday...(Monday is MLK day)......Dave

No comments: