Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Cold Weather, Cold Feet, Cold Cuts, Cold Shoulders,.................On The Cold Streets"

Good Morning;
Well I don't know if it was the proper coordination and layering of socks, smoothing the blanket beneath me better so that there was no wrinkle pressing on a nerve, the fact that the wind had dropped to a mere gale from the 45 mph. gusts of the night before reducing the area around my feet from a NASA wind tunnel to simple flow through ventilation, or a combination of all of the above, but my feet did not get cold until it was time to get out of the bag in the morning, (after stalling for an hour...lol). Even having to get up twice during the night, once at 1:30 am., (and did you know it snowed last night? couldn't tell by morning though..it all blew away...lol), to go all the way over to the gas station to 'make a deposit in the bank of Back River'...lol...I did not get 'cold feet'. (In the literal sense...figuratively, I live with them all the time, in the sense of anxiety and the at times debilitating inertia that comes with it.)
I went to Starbucks after leaving here yesterday and halfway there Neil called saying that there were no seats, I told him to just wait around a few minutes and one would open up, but he was not there when I got there 15 minutes later..and found and open table...so he must have went to another Starbucks..oh well another day we'll meet. Jenn came by after her meeting and gave me a ride back to Pikesville and asked me to sit with the kids on Saturday while they go to a funeral, and would I mind staying over that evening and watching them also while they went to a friend's anniversary...since the weather forecast is for much colder than normal, even bitterly colder at times temperatures for the next 8 to 14 days.....it took about a nano-seconds consideration before I said yes! Now that I ponder the matter, maybe I should claim 2 nights, Friday and Saturday, one for each babysitting job...Hmmmm, now how do manipulate an invitation, AND..make it seem like it's THEIR idea....LOL. (Hey once an addict..always an addict, but the years of 'training' in "human dynamics" can now be put to positive use....LOL).
I took some advice from D'vora and called and talked to the Census people about a job, I was discreetly but strongly discouraged from bothering to apply because I do not have a car..(or a license, but that could be worked 'around'..lol.). The other alternative, (besides canvasser/census taker) would be in the data center in Essex, about a 2 hour bus, (plural!), ride, each way, not counting waiting time, and there seems to be nothing I am qualified for there at this time, as the facility will not go fully operational for a while. It was a shot.
I am out of here now, time for breakfast/lunch...(more Giant deli...lol), and coffee......
...........see you later.......Dave
P.S. ....I talked to a friend in Florida last night, there is 14% unemployment in some places there now, even IN season. That shoots down one idea I had, it used to be possible to find work in season at the drop of a hat...not right now though. Warm maybe, but from what I understand, Social Services in sunny Fla. is even more screwed up than here in Md.

No comments: