Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Show Me The Money......................."

Good Evening;
Another poor nights sleep, between the insistent bladder and the increased water intake due to dry mouth and scratchy throat, it was a merry go round of up and down.
The morning though colder than expected, (or planned for, I had to rearrange the blankets around 4:00 am.), dawned brighter and clearer than the past few days. I was roused and motivated to escape from the sleeping bag by a call from Rachel telling me she was at the Giant next door. I spent a half hour with her as her mom shopped before they went to Barnes and Noble for the Wednesday kids reading circle.
Then I went to Wachovia Bank and convinced them to cash a check written on Wells Fargo Bank, (which they are owned by), for me with very, very!! little persuasion.
I was at the FedEx/Kinkos printing a copy of my book of poems for my friend and former employer at Funks Democratic Coffee Spot, formerly of Fells Point, who now lives in New Mexico, when Jenn called asking for some assistance with the grandkids, and which I will also be doing early tomorrow, so I am going there to spend the night.
I am also making plans to meet a longtime fan and follower of the blog for coffee on Monday morning...
Money, Family, Friends.......it was a good day!
Out of Time.......Dave

No comments: