Saturday, January 2, 2010

"An 'ATYPICAL' Homeless New Years Eve......{For Which I Am Deeply Grateful!!!!}................"

Good Afternooon;

I risked frostbite, permanent facial disfiguration, and the loss of certain of my extremities, (and in remembering last years last post.....I wanna keep what I've got left in some cases!!.....LOL), and a near terminal case of "numb nuts", just to get here to wish you all a Happy New Year!...so...

Happy New Years!!!


I haven't been outside since I walked Rachel to her mother's car yesterday afternoon, and just the walk to Jenn's car gave me 'a brain freeze', geez, and that wind! Who the hell turned the thermostat on the Sun down!?!?

If anybody was wondering....COLD WEATHER SUCKS as much in 2010 as in 2009!..(if not more!!!!).



So this New Years eve it was just Rachel and I. She brought over a box of Confetti Cake Mix that she wanted to make and we baked and iced cupcakes and a heart shaped cake, (with green icing!..[the only color food coloring Jenn had left...lol], and M&Ms), from pans that used to belong to my mother. She made it until 11:45 pm and fell asleep watching 'Horton Hears A Who' on the DVD player. I turned on the TV to see Baltimore City's overhyped new fireworks display...from what I saw on TV, it was overrated too, (though it could have been the camera angles..??).

New Years day was just kind of laid back and quiet...(at least until Ed got home...his 'Close Encounter Of The Duct Tape Kind' is fast approaching, either that or his apprenticeship to the Ravens Place Kicking Squad.......AS A BALL!!....LOL.....when he is in one of his contrary moods, as he was when he came home from his great aunts yesterday evening, he makes the typical rabid, irrational, foaming at the mouth, ultra conservative, far..far...far....right wing AM radio talk show host seem like the voice of reason, sanity and serenity!....lol).....Rachel and I played and watched TV and just before she had to leave Jenn and family returned, so she got to see them for a while and say Happy New Year.

Jenn had gotten as an Xmas present some gift certificates to the Greene Turtle, so she took Tom out to the one in Westminster...(of if you are from Bawlmer..West-Min-Is-Ter...lol)...and I rode herd on Edward and Devin, (she was easy, he needed the spurs...lol).

I spent last at Jenn's also in exchange for their chance at the unsupervised furlough dinner, and as a reward I was gifted with Mmmmm! 'Tavern Food', that penultimate in American Dietary Association hit list items, specifically..."The Pigskin Burger"....(though I got stiffed on the french fries and had to settle for 'Kettle Cooked Potatoe Chips"...ohhhh....the sacrifices I make for my grandchildren.....).

Tom is DJ-ing another party tonight in Owings Mills, and in consideration for Jenn's desire for adult companionship to night..(and the friggin' deep freeze out there!!), I'm gonna try to sleep on the La-Z-Boy again tonight. Surprisingly enough on New Years Eve there was no noise problems at the apartment...and the walls are made of tissue paper and the ceiling sounds about to collapse when an ant walks across the floor upstairs....but last night the jerk upstairs had the music thump-thumping from 5:00 pm. until 5 minutes before 2:00 am. in the morning. The kids will sleep through Armageddon once they finally pass out and Jenn and Tom's bedroom is at the other end of the apt. and only gets the minimum of aggravation, which is usually drowned out by their TV, since Tom is half deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other...lol. But it isn't my place, and they have to live there so I couldn't rectify the situation...'Dave style'...lol. And the upstairs neighbor is one of the maintanence men for the complex anyway...so it would have to be all out war, and the collateral damage would not be pretty....LOL. If I lived in this complex...the lease would have been broken faster than Arab-Israeli peace accord!!! (And they'd be paying ME to leave too!!!....LOL!)
If it were not so damned dangerously cold out, with expected 40 mph. gusts and correspondingly frigid Arctic-like windchills, I'd be in the shed tonight. But,......although I may be annoyingly self-concerned with my personal comfort, and whiny and bitchy about the noise.....I AIN'T STUPID!!!
I'm going to wander over to the Giant and look for something special for dinner for Jenn and I...(and reduced and/or on sale)...(Tom is working at Linwoods..poor baby, lol! The kids can eat PB&Js), as I DID get my little bit of cash this month, which means that after meds., phone, wash/dry money, etc., this is my Holiday present to myself.
Okay, Jenn just called, gotta run, see you Monday..(?)
......................Dave

No comments: