Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Curb Appeal???..............Gutter Appeal, Maybe!!!.............."

Good Morning;
Before I forget here is a link to a really cool video performance on YouTube that I thought I had posted last year:

It is a truly amazing and beautiful, and poignant and moving act of art in creation.
And the young woman who is the artist is heartbreakingly lovely.
(and for those who did not know this, all you should have to do is place your cursor on the address and click the mouse, and you will be taken to the site)...
{don't even ask...it would take too long....lol.)
So, after shooting me sitting at the computer and (mistyping every other word,...lol), Justin and I went to 'The Shed' for some interior shots, y'know me on my sleeping bag, propped up on one elbow with a 'come hither' look in my eyes..(Oh No...wait!!!...that was the "other" photo shoot, the one where I wore the mask.....LOL!!). But we did do some shots of me in the shed sitting and stretched out on the sleeping bag and blankets, laying out and/or rolling and folding and bagging everything as I do each morning and night,(freezing my fingers to the bone in the process). and he took some shots of the interior itself, and I think an 'arty' shot of the light coming in the doorway.


NOTICE & DISCLAIMER:

IF-!?! and When any pictures of the shed do get published....and some observant reader sees and comments on the light fixtures and electrical outlets....

First; THERE IS NO!!! POWER!, and for the slow or hard of hearing...

TTHHEERRREEE IIIISSSSSS NNNOOO!!!! PPPOOOOWWWWEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!

(If there were, I would not be bitching about the cold, OR even be telling anyone about the the shed or hinting at it's location!!!)

Second: Because of the steady and increasing deterioration of the roof and walls, THERE WILL BE NO POWER!!!.....(Water Cooled Electrics are just NOT Kosher!!!...LOL!)

Third: The shed is the place where I go to sleep, out of the worst of the weather, with a reasonable sense of security..(I can bar the door to halt the curious, and deter the determined long enough prepare myself..IF God forbid ..'sh*t happens'), and the place I leave the things too bulky to carry, that if they are stolen, I can survive without in a pinch, NOT a place I spend any other time in.


We then went to the Starbucks in Mt. Washington, which, if the library is my 'Den', is my 'Living and Dining Room', and 'Kitchen'...(with this lovely cold weather...and by the way have I mentioned in passing that..COLD WEATHER SUCKS???....the shed functions quite well as a refrigerator, hell it's a damn deep-freeze...lol!)...for some shots outside on the rear patio in 'MY' seat, and some shots at one of 'MY' inside seats..tucked all the way in the corner. We then jumped back in his car and I called Rachel..(and her mother)..and had her get dressed for some shots of her and I sitting outside on her steps...(Justin just sent me two cute ones..watch this space after the article is published and I am free to post them). I would have called Jenn, but a 5 and 3/4 year old can be dressed in 15 minutes...don't think the time frame woulda worked for a 27 year old woman with hair to the middle of her back..and 2 rambunctious kids....ladies you know what I am talking about...LOL. He dropped me back off at the coffee shop just as Neil, (who is my friend and the editor at the JT...[but NOT who is writing the article..ethics y'know, too close to the story or what have you], was walking in, so we had a nice talk for the first time in weeks. Turns out he is on furlough the first week of the year, (things are tough at the JT too it seems), and doing all the DIY chores that build up around the house.


I am running out of time here, I have to get to Jenn's and shower and wash clothes before Tom gets home and needs the facilities. Today is his Homegroup, and he is speaking and celebrating 7 (SEVEN) Years!!!...Way to go Tom!!!...and we are all going to be there, I am meeting them there and will catch a ride back to the shed with them.

The temps are supposed to be in the teens and low twenties.(15-24 degrees....bbrrrr!!!) this week end....if I'm going to be babysitting for them Saturday afternoon and Saturday night......hhmmmm...2 tasks ought to be worth 2 fees, right?..(that's your cue...you say...RIGHT!!!...LOL).... I'll endeavor to get Jenn to think 'she' thought it up....LOL!
Anyway, I'm outta here, I'm bringing lunch for Jenn too, so maybe that'll soften her up...lol.
I'll be at the Starbucks later..until about 7:00 pm.........seeya..........Dave


No comments: