Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"All This And a Diving Horse Too...................."

Good Afternoon;

I apologize in advance if I jump around in this post, I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts and keeping things in any type of chronological order today.

I forgot to mention that Jenn shaved my head for me with the clippers on Monday, I have a buzz-cut that looks like a Marine about 3 weeks into boot camp...lol. Ed and Devin watched and she was fascinated and thought it was hilarious to see me get scalped.

I am baby sitting on Thursday night and Friday morning again, sadly to say they have another viewing and funeral to go to. I get another night inside and a shower and my laundry done though.
Allan and I tried to go to the free movie preview on Monday night, but after waiting in line we were told that the theatre had been filled since 6:30 pm. for a 7:30 pm. show..DUH!!..so why wait until 7:30 to tell the 50 or so people still standing there????..DUH!!

I am meeting with Evan Serpick the Ex. Editor of Baltimore Magazine on Thursday morning, and the photographer later in the day. This sudden, or at least coincidentally close interest by 2 different publications has me kind of "confuckted", anxious and nervous and excited and apprehensive all at the same time, and a little scared of looking like a fool or being ridiculed also...you know, confused and conflicted and screwed up in the head...."confuckted"!
(gotta give JodiBear thanks, credit, & her 'props' for that word....lol)
It's a bit bizarre that this particular '15 minutes of fame'...(and there have been others, in other publications, and even a couple times on TV, for various reasons)... revolves around my chronicling of this f*cked up failure I call a life, and my feeble attempts to achieve...if not exactly happiness...but comfort and contentment within the narrow confines of my meager resources, and to take as much pleasure as I can from the 'little things' available to me, and to express my appreciation and gratitude for those moments and items, and also the folks who take the time and effort to show and share their care and concern and compassion for me.
It is strange that if it was not for the fact that my life IS so effed up, I would not have met most of those who help me to maintain a certain level of normalcy, and contact with the life, and the people who, I would choose to live and to associate with.
Imagine, if you will, some sort of twisted, societal Mobius strip, and you will have an idea of my world...kind of M.C.Escher meets Salvador Dali, and they're both doing some really fresh 'shrooms!.....LOL!
I saw Rachel today at Barnes and Noble..(despite how most people say it...there is no second 'S'....lol)..where her mother had taken her for the 10:00 'just for kids' reading, after they had been in the Giant, 5 minutes before I got there....(and knowing that I am "RIGHT THERE!!!" she, the 'ex', never bothered to call so I could meet Rachel for a minute, and they have been doing this for a few weeks, every Wednesday.....let it go Dave, breathe.......)....okay... Well, I jumped on the bus, which was thankfully running late...(for a change....lol)... and met her and we sat in the Starbucks inside for a while. I had a handmade Irish Rag Doll, with hand knitted and woven clothing that Allan had given me for her, and some assorted holiday 'garbage', candy and toys and such that I always get for her at the Giant for around a 75% to 95% clearance discount after every holiday. (I ate the milk chocolate Santa...[$4.99 reduced to $0.25!!!]...myself though...lol)
We had a great time, this child is such a blessing, she is so good and kind and loving. Even Carol, one of the cashiers at the Giant is enthralled with her, and knitted her a scarf, 'just because'.
I am getting tired of sitting here, so I am heading out to the Starbucks.
later......Dave
P.S. while I was in the bookstore I saw copy of the new book a high school friend, Steve Leibowitz, has just written and published,
'Steel Pier, Atlantic City: Showcase Of The Nation'
check out the link above.
(If you are reading this Heidi and Terry, he went to Milford with us.)






No comments: