Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Quick......Write That Down!............."

Good Morning;
So today started off one heck of a lot better than yesterday!
I stopped at FedEx/Kinkos to make another copy of my little book of poetry, and now, I'm on my way down to try to get 1/2 price tickets to the "100 Years Of Disney" ice show. Jenn and I are taking Rachel and Ed for his 5th birthday, and opening day tix are always reduced, but sell out quickly. Then to a meeting with Phil from the JT, a stop off at the Baltimore Sun, and over to the Mt. Washington Starbucks, where I have not been for a couple-three days. I wonder if they miss me...or even noticed....lol.
I was thinking on what Paul and others have said about my life being decent fodder for a book, I am daunted by the idea of trying to write continuously and coherently fo that many pages. I have a lot of funny and ironic stories that may have some value, but a book? Most books of this type are success stories or have happy or really tragic endings, and I defintely do not feel the first...and am trying like hell to avoid the last...LOL! Part humility...part fear. Maybe a collection of anecdotes, if I could find an editor and/or collaborator?
I'd really like to be able to write some sort of column similar to the blog, a combination 'slice of life-observation-commentary' on the daily absurdities and ironies I see.
I'm out of here for now, I may be back later, see you..............Dave

No comments: