Sunday, October 10, 2010

"3 Generations Of Pre-Adolescent Personalities In One Place.....OR......Me, & Rachel, & Edward And Devin!........."

Good Afternoon;

So I'm here on the laptop at Jenn's, where I've been for most of the past 5 days and 4 nights. I left here Friday afternoon and hit the library and the Starbucks and was on my way to the shed when Jenn and I got into a text conversation about me coming back in the morning because she was going to Dover to see my mother at the hospital and Tom had an estimate and proposal to deliver to a prospective client. After going round the Mulberry bush a few times trying to get logistics and timing arranged, just before I passed the stop to get off the bus for her house it was decided that I may as well just come back over and stay the night,..... again..........lol!
When she got to Dover and after she and my sister talked with the doctors she got in touch with me and passed on the latest information on my mother; the leg was probably complications from arthritis, and the other tests showed no immediate emergency and they were awaiting the review by the cardiologist, and more tests were ordered. Well that was a big relief and although still nerve wracking awaiting the new tests and analyses, there is space and time to both 'unclench' physically and prepare mentally for whatever is discovered.
Tom came home and after we bathed and dressed the kids, took them for a sleepover at a good friend's house. He was DJing later that evening and I planned to shower then lock up and leave that afternoon, eventually getting back to the shed and coming back here around 1:00 pm. today as Tom had plans and Jenn may or may not be back from Dover and was going to meet him there, then they have an anniversary for Tom's sponsor afterwards to attend.....welll, I never got out until after 9:00 pm. last night, basically wasting the day in front of the cable TV...lol.
When I called to talk to Rachel last night she was already asleep so I made plans with her mother to meet me here at 1:00 pm. today, and now she is playing with Edward and Devin, (fairly peacefully...LOL!), in the living room.
Tonight's sleeping arrangements remain to be seen, but in any case I'll be showering here and leaving my bags here while I go to the doctors at 1:00 pm. tomorrow. It's funny, (peculiar, not ha ha), that I am heading in for an examination and tests on MY leg and side, (which although not for chest pain, is related due to surgical damage to nerves during emergency chest surgery for pneumonia) ??? Plus I need renewals on my prescriptions, and new referrals for eyeglasses and psychiatric consultation, and maybe to see the podiatrist if she is free then.
And as I am typing this I have been texting with Michelle and making appts. for exams, evaluations, and cleaning, {of what is left of :-( ....}, my teeth, on this coming Thursday.
And watching the Ravens kick Denver's butt, and texting Anna Marie about plans to spend next Sunday with her.
Multi tasking???.......LOL!
Okay I have to go mediate the kids now......
the library is closed on Monday for Columbus Day, so I may not be back until Tuesday.....
Later........................Dave

No comments: