Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Running On Empty .................... Spinning My Wheels"

Good Morning;

Well nothing exciting has happened since I left here yesterday evening...and that's a good thing!...lol I went over to the Starbucks for a while and finished off the food I had bought earlier at the Giant, in combination with the bagels and muffins left over from the other night. As I was leaving to meet Jenn across the street and get a ride back to Pikesville, I was give a bag of marked out sandwiches and yogurts. I took a couple and sent the rest with Jenn to store in her fridge for me. It is getting close to the time of year when I'll be able to leave certain items outside in the shed and not worry about spoilage. (Then comes the time of year when things have to be refrigerated to keep them from freezing :-( ... there is an old saying about salesmanship that goes "He could sell ice boxes to Eskimos", the irony of that is that refrigerators, to keep things from freezing rock solid, are one of the biggest selling items in the Arctic....LOL!).


The Giant for the restroom, the shed and sleep came next. Another night of waking at odd hours and intervals, I did have one weird dream that woke me up and when I looked towards the door of the shed without my glasses the shadows and light leaking in formed an image of either Frankenstein....or Ironman, standing there looking down at me.....LOL! The rain started about 3:10 am. and the sound of the steady splashing triggered the "shouldn't have had that last 2 cups of coffee" reflex...lol, and got me up and out for a few minutes. After that it was sleep for 90 minutes, poke my head out of the sleeping bag like a turtle from it's shell, then fall back asleep, until I got up at 9:30 am. put on fresh clean clothing and went over to the Giant for coffee and to shave.


I may (?) have a meeting with my case worker from Prologue at Noon, but I have not received an answer back yet from the e-mail I sent yesterday responding to hers, or the one I just sent off 30 minutes ago....so it's still iffy. I'm down to 2 minutes on my phone, which is for emergency contact, and the payphone here at the library is out of service again. There is a letter from Social Security to be responded to so I want to get a confirmed block of time rather than just stop by and only have a few minutes to stand in the lobby and talk.


(Addenda: It's now 11:55 am., 30 minute later and no reply...looks as if nothing is happening today..tomorrow?...)




I have no other real plans for today, it's cool with spotty on and off rain coming in spits and spurts, so when I figure out where I am going to go, (probably either Jenn's or the coffee shop), I'm going to park my self and read and sip some coffee, eat the food I have with me, and hope for some decent company to converse (lol) with.


The end of the month has come a wee bit early this month as regards the pocket book and the pantry and the pharmacy, so it's time to keep the eye's open for that opportunity for a quick buck here or there. A quick (legal) hustle and/or taking offered money for something I would normally refuse it for. Also trying to be in the right place in the right time when there are edibles being disposed of.


OH!! YES!!! I just remembered Rachel's mom still owes me $10.00, it's reminder time...lol.


Well, that's all for today I guess, no social commentary, black humor, or urban observations. The rest of the week is still up in the air, Tomorrow at Prologue? And if her tentative client/patient does not confirm, I may be heading back to BCCC, (the college not the jail...lol), on Thursday at 1:00 pm. with Michelle for the second session of the dental exam/cleaning. Friday morning I have to call and see if a certain doctor has returned to a medical office, so I can walk-in, (NO appointments....??WTF??), and get a referral to another doctor about meds.


I'm outta here..


....Later..........Dave





No comments: