Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Ninety Minute Night Moves...................BUT.................No More Night Mares!.........."

Good Morning;


Well technically it was still morning by 5 minutes as I began to write.....lol.
I left here yesterday and went to Jenn's and showered and tanked up on coffee and grabbed a chicken sandwich. I spent some time catching up with Jenn and playing with my 2 year old grand daughter, Devin, and as I was leaving for the Metro station Tom was pulling in with Edward on the way home from school, so I stopped to talk to them for a few minutes. As usual Ed, (who is secretly a teenager in the body of 5 year old), had to disagree with or correct every statement made to him, so I left before I gave him a 'full leather enema' with the side of my shoe...lol.

I took the Subway train, and then the Light Rail train over to Mt. Washington and say outside on the patio of the coffee shop until it started to rain a bit and finished the night inside until close. I have to send out my thanks and gratitude to Josh, and Katie, and Hannah for the bag of marked out sandwiches and another one of pastries that they so graciously gave me instead of just putting them in the trash to go to waste. I now have enough food to last until next Tuesday when I will be getting a little money.

I met Jenn after her HG meeting for the usual Monday night ride back to the shed, but she was going out afterwards so she got me to the bus just as it was puling out. I grabbed 1 sandwich and a couple cookies to take with me and left the rest with her to store in her refrigerator for me, since these lovely mid 70's temperatures of the Indian Summer we are experiencing this week are not conducive to food storage.

I stopped in at the gas station to talk with Daniel, my buddy from Kenya, about the current political and government situation there, and filled my water bottle, and then went into the shed. I was asleep by 11:30 pm....and then woke up every hour and a half looked at the time and fell right back asleep, continuously until I got up at 10:00 am. I headed over to the phone booth to try to reach a particular doctor I need to speak to about some records, but ended up playing phone tag....or maybe it should be called phone 'hide and seek' as I kept missing him as he went from building to building, and then to his other offices. Not having minutes on my phone and not being able to get his cell phone # from the staff made things difficult, until I found that the pay phone I was on COULD receive incoming calls.

Now the wait as the information I need is put in the mail.....I hope so since I have only 2 quarters left to my name and I'm saving them for an emergency phone call.

I'm meeting Rachel here at the library tomorrow afternoon!! Hooray! I really miss her and our schedules have not been coinciding recently. I am also hoping her mother will have the $10.00 she owes me.

I just got an e-mail from Jenn and I am heading down there now to watch Devin so she can get to the foodstore and pick up Ed from school with less hassle, so I'll see you tomorrow.

Later........................Dave

P.S. I was told that someone entered this little 'exercise in exorcism' here that is my blog in the Baltimore Sun's- 'Mobbies' awards contest to find Baltimore's/Maryland's best blogs. I don't see it listed as of yet, so who knows what's up with that.

The site address is:
then click on Mobbies on the far right of the menu bar at the top of the page.




No comments: