Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Hot And Cold Running Tension.........."

Good Morning;
It's cool and grey outside today, a bit below normal temps for this time of the season, but a nice change from the 90+ temps we had this summer. It is also refreshing to get out after being in Jenn's apartment since yesterday afternoon. Both of the grandkids are sick and/or suffering the effects of allergies so the windows have been shut, the stinky dog needs a bath and the heat came on last night for the first time since last spring, which always has an unpleasant odor for a while until the accumulated dust, crud and mouse poop, (and sometimes baby mice), burns off. The greyness suits my mood today as tomorrow's court date creeps ever nearer, minute by interminable minute, as I experienced last night, unable to either sleep, get comfortable or stop worrying all night long. Then as dawn approached and I finally began to drop off....Tom's alarm goes off...playing Metallica at full volume! Then it's time for Jenn to get Edward up for school and that 3 ring circus begins.

Trying to sleep I alternated between the sagging sectional couch rejected by the Taliban as a torture device because it was too cruel, and the leather recliner, and back again. I think I am going to get back to the doctor because not only is the spinal pain from the degenerative disc disease increasing to the point that a decrease in the interval between meds indicated, and the neuropathy from the pneumo-thoracotomy becoming both acute and chronic, but I think I am having sciatic nerve issues also in my left lower back and down through my left leg....Happy, happy, joy, joy.....just what I need.

I had to get out of the house for a couple reasons this morning, the above mentioned stuffiness, to get to the computer here at the library, and the inter-familial tension that was becoming thick enough to cut with a knife....and then be able to spread it in a slice of bread! There was a lot of 'pot calling the kettle black' going on and I wanted to leave before I was tempted to open my mouth and insert my divergent opinions on child rearing and intra-marital relations.

It would end up a 3-way cage match between Pot, Kettle.........and Dutch Oven!......LOL!!!

I'm trying to reach my caseworker from Prologue to see if she is still going to accompany me to court tomorrow. I'll be leaving here in about 10 minutes and heading back to Jenn's to watch devin while she goes to pick Ed up from school. This afternoon and evening I will be watching one then both kids while Ed has soccer and Tom and Jenn are shuttling and shuffling around town and then heading out to Monkton to his Aunt's viewing and services. It's been a hectic couple of days and the stress on everyone is very close to the surface and the breaking point.

I hope to be back tomorrow, but if I'm not, thanks for reading and hopefully enjoying my writings and ramblings. There have been 8,121 visits as of today, and 28 of you 'loyal readers' have signed on as 'Follwers', (and that and $1.49 will get you a tall cup of coffee at Starbucks..[if you bring your own mug!]..LOL!).
It has been almost 2 years, that's about the longest I've ever stuck with anything, (anything legal and non-selfdestructive that is....lol), and I have your continuing return to credit that to.
Later.....
.................Dave




No comments: