Thursday, October 28, 2010

"A Day Late And A Dollar Short..... As Per Usual.........."

Good Afternoon;


Well another typical experience for me today as regards
'falling through the cracks',...
I get to the dental clinic and sign in and sit down and wait. As the other students are coming in and getting their patients I overhear worried whispers about me and Michelle, the point being that she is not there and has not called in, and how it is totally out of character for her not to do so. After a short wait the Radiology instructor comes over to me and asks if I had heard from Michelle and explains the situation and their worries and concerns. Now I am getting concerned and check my phone (no minutes) and see if the number they have is the same as the one I have. We all have the same contact info and I tell them that the last time I was in touch was by e-mail yesterday and we confirmed today's appt., I told her that as of 10:00 am. this morning I had had no messages from her canceling or postponing our meeting today. Ms. Dody (spelling?) takes me over to the laptop in the radiology lab behind the reception desk, and accesses the Internet for me so I can check my e-mail and attempt to locate Michelle. When I brought up my Hotmail and Facebook accounts there were messages on both apologizing and letting me know she was sick and would not be in today......and they came in literally seconds!! after I had signed off this morning to go and catch the bus.


There still has been no replies to my queries, so I am still worried about her health and well being, but as I say, the tension level has abated some.

Well that was a partial relief, the really frightening scenarios fading away.


Of course by the time I caught the bus and the train back to Jenn's to pick up my bags and grab some food, she had had to leave to pick up Edward from school today. So it was back to the bus stop and up here to the library. Now I'm waiting for an e-mail from Jenn so I can head back down there, grab my bags and head over to the coffee shop.


I've been seeing quite a few hits referred to the blog from the Mobbies page of the Baltimore Sunpapers online site;


Thanks to all, and a special thank you to Kate B.
Pushy...? Not at All!
Any additional information is ammo for the arsenal,
and if I can't use it, I can pass it on to someone who can.
Later..................Dave

No comments: