Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Insane.......Rain.......&.........Pain......................"

Good Afternoon;

First check out this link to youtube about an Orlando Fla. man arrested for feeding the homeless:
It's a really f*cked up world out here sometimes when as the Brits call it you are a "rough sleeper"!
(Thank you Michelle M. for the link, and for the late night text session yesterday.)

So, Sunday I ended up going to the coffee shop to get out of the rain for a couple hours after I closed the library at 5:00 pm., I caught another negligent bus driver on the #58 line disregarding conditions and speeding on wet roads and driving with one hand while the other arm was hanging in the loop of the cord of the emergency phone/radio of the bus, as she yelled and cursed at other drivers or sang to herself. She was slamming on the brakes and pulling off with jackrabbit starts and whipping around corners too fast and wide, and...while a disabled passenger was trying to pay his fare and then get to his seat she was not giving him any time to hold on but jerked away and then slammed to a stop causing him to slip and fall into the seat sideways. Enough is enough!

This bitch got reported on Monday and a formal complaint is being filed!!!

I left the coffee shop at 8:00 pm. when it closed, (and got another bus driver who ignored the speed limits on dark, narrow, & wet roads...and a second two who were the model of what a driver should be, NOT ALL of them are assholes, but the ones who are seem to overshadow the good ones), and made it back to the shed before 9:00 pm. It began to rain as I lay down and did so steadily all night long and most of the morning. I had a bad night so I was up and down the whole time. My back and my side have been acting up something awful, and the dampness does not help. I got up and out about 11:00 am. when the rain let up some and got dressed....(and I had to wear long pants!!!, it should not be that cold yet!!)....and went to the library....WHERE THE COMPUTERS WERE DOWN!!.... AARRGGHHH!! I hung around for an hour or so waiting to see if they would come back up, (they did not), and tried to text or call someone to go out and have a drink and lunch with, but got no responses, only voice mail boxes.

I really wanted some company, the type of camaraderie that you get in a small local pub/bar/cafe. I remembered a little place on Falls Road in Mt. Washington,(and why is it called 'Mount' if most of it is in a river valley?...lol), near the Starbucks called the "Curb Stop" that seemed to be a nice little place and not some dive. I stopped in there and had a couple drinks and a beer and a burger and talked with some of the regulars coming in at happy hour. It was a decent place with a comfortable atmosphere, I'd go back there...BUT....(and I gotta admit I screwed up here, if I'm going to be honest and if I list the good things I've got list my mistakes too), I'll not order a mixed drink there again! From seeing the signs of happy hour specials and beer specials and food specials I thought that cocktails would be in the same very reasonable range.....NOT!!! 3 bourbon and Sprites cost me $15.33!!! and the beer was $2.50...for a pint! The burger was fresh and hand made and the fries were steak fries cooked in clean oil and both were priced within reason. I spent much more than I wanted to and should have, though not more than I had, thank goodness. S0 I'm down to $5.00 in cash way too early this month, but the bus pass, phone, and meds are in good shape, and I get my Stamps on the 7th, (the same day I go to court), and I am spending the next 2 nights at Jenn's babysitting because they have another family funeral to deal with. (It has been a really rough year for my son in law Tom between his Dad, and aunts and uncles, and close friends passing....it is seeing the pain in others lives that helps keep me in perspective.)
I've got to leave for Jenn's now...I'm late...
Later....................Dave

No comments: