Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Medical Mania.................&...................An Elementary School Epicure!............."

Good Afternoon;

So the library was closed yesterday, (Monday), and I never got to get on the laptop at Jenn's between running around to the doctor's, the pharmacy, & the Giant, and dealing with the grand monkeys and the limited 'window of access' available between Tom, Jenn, and Sleep!.....LOL!

I seemed to be auditioning for the part of human pincushion while I was at Jai Medical, between the blood drawn by the technicians/vampires for bloodwork and their lunch, the New Flu Shot for the New Flu Season, and I have to check tomorrow and see if there was another Swine Flu Shot included also, I forgot to ask), and the TB test she, (my Doc), told me she wanted me to take due to some symptoms that could be signs of TB....or just 'Male Menopause', (or 'MANopause' as Jenn calls it....LOL!). I go back tomorrow to get it 'read' and possibly see the podiatrist too.

I recieved referrals to the radiologist to go and have CT scans, MRIs, and X-rays on Friday in Owings Mills, because of increasing back, leg, and abdominal pain from known issues, new numbness and nerve pain I reported, and some sort of 'soft tissue mass' found during the examination....and because I got my Medical assistance renewal letter over the weekend.

I also have new referrals to the optometrist and optician, (AND a confirmed appointment this time!); the psychiatrist....for the obvious reasons; and to the person at Jai, (only at the Monument St. office in East Baltimore near Johns Hopkins), who can give me the referral to hopefully get my Buprenorphine by prescription, by the rare clinic doctor who will be like my Primary Care Physician and actually listen, instead of blindly following some pre-printed set of directions which allow no flexibility for the real world and 'life on life's terms'.
And on Thursday, as I mentioned, I am going to allow one of the women I love to strap me in a chair, tilt it back, and shine a bright light in my face, expose me to hazardous radiation, (that's okay, I've got my 2 girls, and I don't think she wants kids.....though it would be nice to have a male heir.....lol), and insert sharp and pointed instuments in my mouth, & use me as a patient, client, guinea pig, laboratory rat....LOL!....to help her complete her degree program and get her licence as a Dental Hygienist.
That's about it for now, I'm tired, and tired of writing today. It's over to the coffee shop for a bit, then back to the shed. I ended up spending last night at Jenn's, again, because as I was heading to the doctor's Tom was walikng in and asked me if I could come back around dark and watch the kids because he had a commercial electrical job trying to fix the lights and timers of a business that were all messed up and he had to be there late and Jenn had her Home Group.
I just want close with a mention about listening to Rachel and Edward playing together in the other room on Sunday, with Devin going back and forth between them and bringing me books to read her, and wheeling in her Disney Beauty and The Beast Tea Cart and tell me we were going to have a 'Tea Pah-`eee'.
Ed and Devin had chicken nuggets and apples and chips for dinner, while Rachel dined on Shrimp Salad and New York strip, and Maryland Tomatoes and apples with me, what a difference between Ed and Rachel, not that it was not offered, but he lives on nuggets, pb&j, grilled cheese, cereal and fruit!, while she is a budding chef, (like her sister and her father!)......(though all 3 gorged on marsmallows for dessert....lol).
Later.................Dave

No comments: