Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Home Court Advantage...................."

Good Afternoon;
So, I went over Jenn's after I left the library yesterday, did my laundry and fed the kids and with difficulty, refrained from place kicking Edward into next week.
Well after another achey night of too little restful sleep and too much nervous tension and stress over today's court appearance, that manifested itself in knotted muscles and jangly hyper-sensitive nerve endings, exacerbated by my ride being a few minutes late and then unexpectedly heavy traffic on a route that had next to none last trip.......I made it to the courthouse.
After conferring with the public defenders assistant in the hallway, the public defender at desk in the court room, and then with the State's representative in the court room....I was handed a new summons for January 11, 2011 and signed a release for medical information and returned to my seat. We watched and listened to Judge Mickey Norman deal with other cases with appropriate dashes of fairness, humor, sterness, and a large sprinkling of panache. About 11:30 am. I was called to the defense table and after the State and PD attorneys told the judge about the continuance, he asked if I had received a summons and I was dismissed.
By good fortune I already have an appointment with my doctor at JAI on Monday the 11th, so I'll be able to initiate MY request for copies of the medical information also. Plus I have 3 months to try to locate all the MRI, CT, XRAY films and analyses that I have stored away somewhere and to try to contact other, previous physicians who may have pertinent records.
As the saying goes..."If you want to fight on equal footing with bureaucrats....bury 'em in paperwork!"
I've got to find out when Jenn will be home and go and get my bags, and see if she wants to have me cook dinner there. I also want to try the chicken soup she had simmering on the stove for most of the day and night yesterday!
Depending on what time I get out of there, this afternoon or this evening, it's either back to the shed or possibly the coffee shop then the shed.
Be it ever so crumble(ly)......it's still better sleeping there for my back sometimes!
I'll see you later..........Dave

No comments: