Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009---2010

Good Morning;
So I had an hour to kill before I have to be at Jenn's....lucky you!...lol.
I forgot to mention the little bit of strangeness on Tuesday night after Allan dropped me off at the gas station. I left there to head to the shed and saw that the door was open, and that there were still cars on the parking lot...(Tuesday night is the only night it is used)...and across the street sitting in another parking lot doing paperwork (or eating a doughnut), and doing whatever cops seem to do for the half hour before shifts end or start..is..a cop. I could enter the shed without being seen...I just could not approach that area within the "cone of blindness"! (Except possibly if I was to verrrrry carefully and verrrry slowly walk along a verrrrry narrow line that kept me out of his line of sight....like dinosaur raptors y'know....), but I wasn't in the mood to hum the Mission Impossible theme song so I jsu walked to the library and dropped a book in the night return and wandered the long way back to the gas station and after killing a few minutes there went around the back way, and then back to the gas station, for 30 minutes until he left. Nothing was distubed inside, so it was just the wind and coincidence.
Last night was a good deal warmer, and getting dressed this morning and rolling and folding and bagging my bedding was much less of an ordeal. Some mornings my fingers are some numb by the time I finish I cannot manipulate the laces to tie my shoes....(and my boots have these big fat 'beginner laces' in them too.....lol!).
So I am heading over to Jenn's to petsit and Rachel is coming over a little later to spend the night also. We are going to watch the ball drop and go out and bang pots and pans at midnight...if I can wake her if she falls asleep..lol. Jenn's apt. bldg.is in an angled arrangement that has somewhat of a sheltered courtyard facing the patio door, so hopefully we will be safe from stray bullets....(NOT!!!...lol!...this is Baltimore home to ghetto mentality, guns, garbage and government grift and graft!!!!!, there is usually at least one gunshot wound from stary bullets fired into the air on any given holiday that celebrates with noise and fireworks.).
If I can find a couple of dollars I will get a bottle of cheap bubbly, or a half pint of vodka or gin and a bottle of soda...lol, I can't afford a "good" wine so I'm going for effect...and I'M NOT DRIVING!
If you are, please be safe, I have a pretty small base of loyal readers, and I would hate to lose any of you.
Time is up, and I do not know if I can get back on.
To all...
have a safe and happy New Years Eve, and a prosperous and joyful 2010.
I thank you all for a great year, the ups and the downs.
Gratefully....Dave

No comments: