Saturday, December 12, 2009

"The Doctor Is 'IN'..............OR........'And How Does That Make You Feel?'......."

Good Afternoon;

I never got a chance to get back online yesterday, I went over to my daughter Jenn's house to visit with the grandkids and shower and wash clothes, and by the time I left that afternoon it was too late to make it back to the libtray before closing time. So I went to the Starbucks...(big surprize, right....lol). Allan stopped by and I again acted as a "BFF"...lol.....or his own personal
"PSYCHO"-therapist,...lol...as he both 'gushed and griped' about his new love and their continuing soap opera...."Falling In Love After 55....OR....Sex With a Senior Discount".....ROTFLMAO!! But seriously, it is really very sweet and charming, and I am a bit jealous of them.


I was uncomfortably cold on Thursday night, with the combination of low, low temperature and wind chill and the continuing deterioration of the 'Tar Paper Palace'. But the weird thing is that it was only my right foot!, I guess the poor circulation and high blood pressure and edema and the fact that I must have been laying on a pressure point or nerve nexus all contributed to my foot feeling so cold it 'burned'. The rest of me was toasty warm and I was actually sweating at one point...(except for the very tip of my nose, which I decided to let freeze in exchange for fresh air, .....asphyxiation is not one of my favorite pastimes, besides the fact that the atmosphere under the covers, [this was BEFORE the shower remember...lol], was, shall we say, a wee bit 'aromatic'.....lol).

Last night was chilly, but not as cold, and I made sure that my shoelaces were looser during the day, and that I got up and moved more and tried to sit less on the edge of the chair all day, to keep circulation moving, and I was much more comfortable. (The fact that I put $2.00 on the Keno and left with $15.00 helped too...LOL!)
I am taking the bus and picking up Rachel as soon as I soon as I am done here at the library, and we are going to see Jenn and Edward and Devin for "Breakfast for Dinner" tonight, always a childhood favorite. I'm picking her up and we are busing and walking because it is "too much'' for the 'ex' to drop her off in the cold and then have to pick her up again tonight. Oh, that 10 yard walk all the way to the car, and then the 7 minute drive to take Rachel to her sister's house, and the drive back and then that 10 yard walk back to the couch......and then to have to do it over again at 9:00 pm.!!! Yeah Right, but on a below freezing day, in sleet and snow, on a Shabbas or a holiday, she'll get up and drag her out to some 'frummie' function????......don't get me started on this...I am out of here.
If I am still in Pikesville tomorrow at 1:00 pm. I'll be back here at the library...if not.....see you Monday
...................Dave

No comments: