Friday, December 18, 2009

"All Over The 'Whether' Map................................."

Good Afternoon;
Okay I am back for the next round today.
I want to thank Sherry for her kind words and comment on my Dec. 7th post, {"You Like Me..........You Really......(ETC)"}.
[Sherry,Maybe one day I'll be in Chicago, and send you an e-mail....but not anytime soon, or as long as the words "Lake Effect Snow" are still a seasonal possibility.......LOL!]
P.S.,.................Cold Weather Sucks!!!, have I mentioned that before?
There is snow forecast for this evening and Saturday, and Saturday night all the way through to Sunday around daybreak....Simply Effin' Loverly!
Of course the library closes early today and tomorrow..(if it opens at all, this may be a 'REAL' snow fall...at least for Baltimore....lol.....4 to 8 inches, high temps in the looowwww 30's). The Giant is a madhouse, a winter storm alert on a Friday, Oy Vez Iz Mir, it's a Bubby Bashing Shopping Cart Demolition Derby!!!...........LOL!
The past week....
I left here Tuesday ready to kill and went to the Starbucks, chilling out on the bus ride thankfully, and just kicked back.
Wednesday, absolutely nothing interesting happened, the same running theme of not wanting to get out of the warm sleeping bag and get dressed in the cold and then have to head out to the street. The same feeling Thursday morning and today, and the damn intermittent problem with the circulation and lack of feeling and coldness in the right foot.
On Thursday I went to TARGET and spent all the money I had budgeted for Rachel's Chanukah's presents without leaving the Dollar Racks in the front of the store, from socks to hair ornaments to jewelry, to crafts to toys...ALL 'Disney Princess' items!, (Her favorites!), plus I had already had some stuffed animals and a sketch pad. I went for Quantity of Gifts, a lot of small things that she can open and use over a period of time, and remember me if I am not there just then. We decided that instead of any one big thing, we would spread it out over the year and 'GO places and DO things', experiences rather than possessions.
Her mother and grandparents have given her the bigger things and rather than try to compete in a battle I could not win, I changed the direction.
I was over her house, (the 'ex'es'), and cannot see how two intelligent adults can choose to live in such squalor and deny the reality of the situation, and impose such conditions on a child, when all it would take is the simple process of..."pick it up when it falls on the floor"... I fear that Rachel will be affected in all her future endeavors by what she is being exposed to through negligence, laziness, incompetency, and Untreated ADD!!..(her mother's), and denial. I'm done apologizing for slovenliness by saying she is 'overwhelmed'. In the 4 places she has lived, the only time there was any order or sanitation or hygiene, was when I was there. I live cleaner on the streets!!
Sorry, it was either that or explode!
I am heading out to the coffee shop for a while, hoping the snow holds off 'til late, so I can get to Monkee's after she gets off work. I want to travel as little as possible tomorrow.
I found out the Starbucks is open til 6:00 pm. Xmas Eve, and 'til 4:00 pm. Xmas Day, I guess it's gonna be a lot of 'Subway Surfing' all night next weekend.
I may try to get out to the corner and get some cash from now, up to and including next weekend. If I can get a spot from the junkies, I could make some money. I have not been out for a month or so, I have not been feeling up to it on the cold days, and trying to be frugal to an extent, without being miserly and denying myself the little pleasures I take from food or the occasional drink, and the major ones that involve going out with Rachel.
"contentment between agonies is the elixir
of existence"--Charles Bukowski --"Never"
After I get my meds for a few days, (I hope through the holidays, but it looks like only the next 5 days), and put $10.00 on my phone, (currently a necessity not a luxury, with the recent applications and contacts I am awaiting answers from), I'll have about $3.00 on my Independence card, and $10.00 in cash.....it looks like more than a maybe, unless I get some Chanukah or Christmas gifts in cash.
I have been doing a little writing and (a lot of composing in my head) of poetry recently.
It is either feast or famine for me as an author of poems. It looks as if you all may be treated to an "all you can eat" smorgasbord soon.....lol
(You may want to emulate the ancient Romans and get the old Vomitorium ready...LOL!!!)
So, am I rambling today or what?...LOL!
We just hit 3500 vistitors to this little exercise in exorcism.....Whooo Hooo!!
Speaking of which, since you have been reading for the past year's content for free, and returning for more! How about a small donation to the......
D.A.V.E.* Fund?
*--Delighfully Amusing & Very Entertaining--
.....everybody else seems to be charging for access to information and entertainment to day, the least I can do is ASK for a voluntary contribution.....
No Advertising, No Pop-ups, No Subscriptions, No Fees, No Dues, No charge
vs.
No Home
Yeah, I'm asking. I could use some cash, or a place to stay.
If you want to help, send me an e-mail... d_funkwriter@hotmail.com ..or write to the address to the left...or if you have my phone number call me..(new phone--same number).
{I could really use somewhere 'inside' to be tonight and tomorrow!}
If you don't, or can't...well you're still welcome here, and still invited to write to say hello,
(except for the cluless and self righteous, who will be deleted without being read....you know who you are, those whose comments and crude responses never get published anyway, yeah you, moron!), I really enjoy the contact.
Okay it's almost 3:00 pm., and looking awfully gray and gloomy outside, so I am out of here to get some really, really late breakfast and coffee.
Anybody want a house guest for the weekend?....LOL(?)
later................Dave

No comments: