Tuesday, December 8, 2009

" There's A Fungus Among Us.............................OR...........................................'Ankylosaurus Ouch'.............."

Good Afternoon;

This is going to be a brief post because it is really nice outside and I want to enjoy it as much as I can....the forecast looks like Hell...(yes Hell is cold and frozen over....read your Dante, particularly The Inferno,.....you're back, good. The lowest level of Hell? A lake of Ice, right, with Satan, trapped for eternity, frozen in the center?....told ya so!.......LOL),....rain, snow and freezing rain, then sleet, then up to 3 inches of rain, then HIGH!! temps barely above freezing, with lows in the high teens, for 2 days, then it warms up...SO IT CAN SNOW AND SLEET AGAIN!!!

Cold Weather Sucks!!!


Anyway, I have boots that are wearable and waterproof, (well water-resistant is more accurate...lol), and reasonably comfortable when I get the laces snug/slack in their proper order. I made the mistake of pulling them too tight at the top eyelets, around the ankles, and between the chafing and my unconscious scratching of a patch of rough and scaly skin caused by the athlete's foot, (Which is really hard to keep under control, much less cure, when living on the streets. This is a widespread problem among the homeless, as is the nail fungus, both of which I am trying to treat with the anti-fungal creams I have, but when washing your feet a few times a day is damn near impossible, even fighting it to a stalemate is a huge effort.), I now have a half dollar size patch of raw, open wound on my right ankle. Today I am wearing fresh, (thanks Anne!...lol), white socks, (my last clean pair), and a heavy layer of Clotrimazole cream, and my sneakers. I am taking advantage of the dry ground while I can, and hoping I get in the shed before the slop starts tonight.
(Trivia:-)
(....The quick and easy way to treat athlete's foot fungus is the Army/Prison method, "pee on your feet in the shower", it stops the itch and burning, and slows and/or halts the growth of the fungus....)
[This is also an emergency treatment for a bad Jellyfish sting]
...Just goes disprove the old adage...
"It's Better To Be Pissed OFF Than Pissed ON!".....ROTFLMAO.
{Golden Shower aficionados are classed under 'Recreational', rather than 'Medicinal' usage, and will be found with the 'Write Your Name In The Snow' groupies in another discussion...LOL!!}
Okay...see you later,..............Dave

No comments: