Sunday, December 27, 2009

"All I Wanted For Christmas Was My Two Front Teeth.........A Root Canal, 2 Surgical Extractions, Some Partial Bridgework, And A Few Cavities Filled.."

Good Afternoon;
But Santa does not have his DDS!!!..LOL
I hope everyone had a lovely and safe Christmas...(or 'Chinese&Movie Day' as it is known in the Jewish community.....LOL)...Rachel had a blast on Xmas Eve aftenoon and evening with Edward and Devin as the wise old aunt with her nephew and niece, (who are all of 9 months and 4 years younger...lol). They all left for Midnight Mass and we had the rest of the night and the Xmas day together with the cats and the (freshly washed and strawberry scented....lol) dog. It was nice to be woken up at 5:00 am. in the morning by my daughter wanting to crawl in bed and cuddle up...hell it was awesome just to sleep..(or at least attempt to sleep, stupid muscle memory!)..in a real bed!!..LOL!
I am very grateful to Jenn and her husband Tom for the chance to spend time alone with Rachel just doing 'Daddy' things around the house. I am also thankful for the many, (and suddenly appearing), nights inside over the past 2 and 1/2 weeks, especially in light of the recent blizzard and the heavy rains of the past few days. I am moved by their renewed trust and confidence shown by allowing me access and use of the apartment and possession of the keys for the time. I am truly touched by the redeveloping..(if he doesn't drive me insane first)..relationship with my grandson, (and his with Rachel), and the newly developing relationship with my sweet, smart..(too smart...lol), funny, and darling grandaughter Devin. [I've been asked if I regret not having a son..(or one that carries on my family name anyway)..wellllll, I'm kinda partial to daughters and grand daughters...{don't tell Ed, he's ready to take me out as it is for letting him get to know the word "NO!!!"...up close and personal!....lol.....and I STILL spoil the hell out of him...LOL}.....you can imagine how wrapped around Rachel's and Devin's...(and Jenn if she wanted to do so...lol)...fingers I am and will be as they get older....LOL!!!
I stopped by the shed on the way here this afternoon, it is still standing and appears unmolested and reasonably dry, I flipped and swapped layers of cardbord mattress, that was it. Iam back in there for the next 4 nights an back at Jenn's to petsit.maybe with Rachel again.. on New Years.
time's up........Dave

No comments: