Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Things That Go 'BUMP' In The Morning..................."

Good Afternoon;

So I am just laying there in the shed trying to get up the courage to crawl out of the bag and put on my jeans and boots, which have been sitting in the sub freezing air all night when I hear the gate in the fence outside..(which I have been using to slip into the shed through the carport side, so as to leave the snow in the parking clear and untracked....hey, any anonymity helps avoid snoops, which means my sleeping bag and blanket are safer and left alone...as am I)..being scraped over the snow, and noises and voices. I freeze, both literally and figuratively, and hear some unknown clicking and clacking going on and then the voices fade into silence. When I get dressed and packed up and the bag and blanket rolled and put into their bags and stashed in the corner, I slip out of the shed and wedge the door shut and notice some battery chargers for a couple of portable drills or saws plugged into the outlet on that runs down from the security lights on the wall of the building to which the shed is associated,(not directly attached, there is a carport area, and space where the HVAC unit stands that shares a roof with the shed). I did not see anyone around when I slipped out, but when I passed by on my way back from the Giant 20 minutes later I noticed a trailer parked across the lot from the shed and footsteps through the virgin snow. The door was still shut and the foot prints seemed to not go up to it, but it is still nerve wracking, wondering what I will find tonight. Especially in light of what happened just about a year ago, when I came back to the garage to find it boarded up. That is when I moved into my backup spot..'Le Maison Masonite'!.....lol. We shall see tonight what, if anything, is up. Of course it figures that I have only $4.00 to my name, so a motel room is not in the picture tonight.
It is a typical end of the month with a holiday in the last week of it, meds for 2 days, $1.05 in Foodstamps, and $4.00 in cash. At least I got to give Rachel gifts this time, and Edward and Devin got coloring books too, it's not much but the best I could do financially, and they all three are getting loads of crap from their other grandparents, and Rachel's mother. Between the snow and the cold and the junkies and dope fiends taking over the one corner where I really feel both safe and comfortable..(which is a relative term on the streets of Baltimore, considering my experiences with cops and robbers!)..and spending the two best days for panhandling with Rachel....money wise, it's gonna be a long, cold, lonely, depressing week from Christmas to the day after New Years, when I MAY??? be getting some cash.
And more snow and/or ice forecast to boot. Have I let you know my opinion of the climate between November and March?.....Well in a word:
COLD WEATHER SUCKS!!!!
(okay, 3 words...picky picky picky....LOL)
In other news, Jenn gave me $10.00 for my phone last night, which a good portion has been used up by being put on hold when I called to try to get some information from my doctor's office. It took almost 20 phone calls to finally get through, so I really did not want to hang up, so I was between a rock and a hard place.....as usual. I am going to go watch the grandkids while the dog gets a bath today, then tomorrow Rachel and I get to dogsit a clean dog...LOL!
I had an e-mail from the publisher of the Jewish Times,(where my friend Neil is Editor), and he wants to meet and talk to me, that's pretty cool, so we are meeting on Monday at....Three (3) guesses...and the first Two (2) don't count....LOL.
I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday, be it Christmas, Chanukah, the Islamic New Year, the Druidic, Wiccan, or Pagan Solstice Celebration, or their Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, et. al. equivalent.
And as for all us the Faithful God Fearing Anti Religioists out there...
"HAPPY FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US"
The Library is closed Xmas Eve and Xmas, closes early on Saturday, and opens late on Sunday, so I may not be back until Monday...then again, I may be back tonight....you know that goes with me......LOL.
Well see you later, unless Grandma and I get run over by a reindeer, or this being Pikesville, I get run over by Grandma. I fell on some 'black ice' this morning, and twisted my knee, and I am afraid to take off my boot right now. Pain is no fun!
Oh by the way, I hear that Santa is coming "strapped" to Baltimore this year, in case he runs into Sheila Dixon......LOL.
Oh...Oh....politically incorrect......LOL!!!!
........................Dave

No comments: