Monday, December 21, 2009

"So Long......And Thanks For All The Fish..........."

Good Evening;

I don't know if I may have mentioned this before....but......COLD WEATHER SUCKS!!!!!......and that goes double for snow!

Thirty six separate visitors to the site here since the blizzard began on Friday night (at 10:28 pm as I was getting off the train at Reisterstown Plaza Station), and numerous repeats, and 0..(that is Zero) comments, 0..(again, Zero) e-mails, and 3 phone calls Saturday in the middle of the storm, asking if I was okay.
Well I would not have been able to reply by computer anyway, since the libraries were closed, as were the Starbucks, and luckily ("and grateful I am", as Yoda would state it....lol), my daughter Jenn had called me and invited over for the day, and she does not have a computer at this time either. I told her I would call her when I crawled out of the sleeping bag, which ended up being about Noon, and went over there around 2:30 pm. after finally getting a bus and a train, and wading through some poorly planned piles of plowed snow....
(GO MTA!!!.....the idea is supposed to be ACCESSIBILITY!!!.......LOL!)
They offered me the recliner and I stayed the night and showered and did laundry and played with the grandkids. After watching the conditions, on TV...(Cable AND I got to play with the remote!!!....lol), of all the side roads and sidewalks stil snow covered, and the limited bus service and large number of places of business that stayed closed on Sunday, they said I may as well stay over that night too. So I hung out with Jenn and the kid's again today..(Tom had to work in Fall's Church Virginia, and spent half the morning stuck in traffic sending texts...), and showered again..because I could...lol!, and finally left this evening and caught the 6:45 pm bus to the library. I have not even been past the shed yet to see if the door was blown open and if snow has filled it up. When I left in the middle of the snow storm on Saturday, I had woken up to piles of snow that had drifted and sifted in during the night, one about 18 inches from my face, and others in the cracks in the walls and caught up in the insulation. There was one large pile about 2 feet beyond where my pallet ends, that came in hole that formed when the waterlogged insulation must have given way. I hope that none of it has melted, so I can just sweep it down to the other end of the shed, where it leaks anyway. I can stay warm, IF I can stay dry. Allan is here and has time to kill after the library closes before he has to be anywhere so we are probably going to sit and talk for a while, and if the shed is too f*cked up, I'll get him to drop me..???....somewhere?? Oh and he is one of the people who called to check on me, (twice!), the last but NOT least one being Janis, who left me a nice and compassionate voicemail offering shelter and succor if situations became too dire or extreme.
(Janis..I left you a voice mail...if you did not get it, I said.....I have exactly one minute left on my phone, so I can see who calls, so I cannot answer, but I will call back if I recognize the phone number, when I get to a pay phone or can access someone elses phone.....and I am deeply touched and moved by your kindness....).

I have tentative plans to dog sit and cat sit with Rachel over Jenn's on Thursday and Friday, and have a daddy and daughter sleepover, while they all go up to Tom's mom's house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

(Yeah I know...Chanukah with one and Christmas with the other...don't ask...LOL)

Well it is closing time now, .........later...Dave

No comments: