Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Breakdown.......Mechanical, Comunications, and Mental..........................."

Good Afternoon;
Well yesterday was a typical clusterf*ck, I was tied up way longer than I was led to believe it would take at a meeting/interview/evaluation for participation in a research program at a major hospital on the Eastside, trapped by the rain (and a bus that never showed up) in a bus shelter, taking an offered ride from an acquaintance...whose car then broke down in the middle of nowhere, with a dead cell phone and unable to get a connection on her laptop, which caused me to miss a meeting with my caseworker....and about a dozen other minor glitches and inconveniences. At some point during the fiasco an envelope containing two $5.00 bills miraculously disappeared from inside a zippered pocket in my bag......

I finally got back on this side of town way too late to even contact Prologue, or shower, shave, and dress to meet a friend to discuss a short term (legal) business oportunity. (Luckily I had told her that if she had not heard from me by 4:00 pm. that I was having some sort difficulty, and would not be showing up....so we will be rescheduling soon). I eventually got to Jenn's soaked from the rain and the humidity and showered and bathed and washed clothes and ate. I ended up watching "Iron Man", (Robert Downey is great!, Gwenneth Paltrow is so cute, and Jeff Bridges as the villian!!....Wow....he's like 'The Dude's' evil twin!!), on DVD with Edward....who has the annoying tendency to want to talk about the most irrelevant things during all the dialogue....lol!

I rolled out about 8:30 pm. and caught the bus back up to Pikesville, where I read until 10:30 pm. then stopped at the Giant to use the restroom and then went to sleep about 11:30 pm. Except for twice having to get up and relieve the built up hydraulic pressure or end up with an unintentional waterbed, I slept (or passed out from exhaustion) like a rock until close to 11:00 am.

This morning, first the Giant, then here. This afternoon I have to meet someone at the coffee shop, so that is the next stop.

Later........Dave

No comments: