Monday, August 30, 2010

"The Itchy And Skratchy Show.............."

Good Afternoon;


Well yesterday was a strange day, following a very lousy night. I had made arrangements with Jenn to come over around 2:45 pm. or so to watch the kids while they went to Tom's cousins wedding and the reception afterwards. I ended up staying in the shed until after 2:00 pm. trying to catch up on the sleep I did not get Saturday night., then jumping on the bus and going straight to Jenn's.


After I left the library Saturday afternoon I ended up at the Mt. Washington Starbucks around 6:00 pm., after waiting forever for buses..(what is the point of publishing schedules if the drivers ignore them at will?).. and read and did crosswords, (I was burned out on them for awhile and took a sabbatical from them...I noticed that my thought processes, patience, and concentration were slipping after a period abstinence though. I found out that I can let the physical exercise slide and pay less of a price than if I stop challenging the grey matter).


I was blessed by the kindness of Katie and Josh for their gift of a bag of assorted sandwiches and wraps and an unopened box of the loverly Iced Lemon Pound Cake that was going in the garbage anyway. Thanks guys!! I sat out back and read until the lights went out and then took the bus to the Plaza station and made a short detour to Jenn's apartment and put the majority of the food in her freezer and 'fridge for later this week.


I caught the next bus up to Pikesville and crawled in the shed. I slept for about 3 hours, until 2:45 am., and was woken up by the worst heartburn and acid indigestion I have ever had, (including during the initial phase of my exposure to and infection with Hepatitis, way back in the early '80s), and of course I am out of Tums. It was a miserable night, morning and part of the afternoon. I am also experiencing symptoms of the undefined viral or bacterial gift I received from the grandkids...itchy eyes, scratchy throat, (exacerbated by the BP amd muscle relaxer meds which list such things as normal side effects!!), aches and pains, (on top of those I live with already), and as an added bonus I got the optional 'Gasto-intestinal Package' with included 'Stomach Funk & Cramps'. Anything that has me doing the 'Immodium Shuffle' while taking Buprenorphine is one powerful 'bug'!!!



I left Jenn's at 11:15 pm. last night, leaving instead of spending the night because today was Edward's first day of school, (...oh those poor nuns!!!....LOL), and there would be enough drama and confusion without another body in the confined space of their apartment. I slept poorly again last night, waking frequently at odd hours and then having to rush to the gas station at 5:45 am. to use the facilities. I finally had to get up about 9:30 am,. not rested but hurting, in all my joints and the pressure points of shoulder, hips, kness, and ankles, (I sleep on my side), that were against the blanket covered cardboard. The temperature was starting to increase also, and I am out of D batteries for my little fan.
I went to the Giant to wash up and then sat out back of the library at the picnic table and had one of the bacon, egg, and Gouda cheese sandwiches from the Starbucks and finished off the Dunkin Munchkins from Saturday nights Dumpster dive, washed down with coffee from Jenn's in a Powerade jug. Only 2 more days of this sh*t then I can eat like a human being again.

I'm heading out now to go sit at the coffee shop. Hopefully I'll catch Jenn as she is leaving her meeting and get a ride back to Pikesville tonight.


Later....................Dave


No comments: