Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Summer....Sounds, Sandwiches, Sunshine, Sandcastles, Sleuths, and Subliminal Seashore Speculations..."

Good Morning;

I keep waking up in the early pre-dawn hours thinking it is much later then it really is. I think my biological clock was wound way too tight at some point and messed up it's mainspring! After looking at the time and seeing that it was only 3:35 am. I fell back asleep for a few more hours....waking to sound of pissed off birds and the squawk of a two way radio through an external speaker echoing off the buildings. Mixed into this cacophony was the beeping of a B G & E truck's backup warning device, the shouting, cursing, and laughing of the workmen and the continual grind and squeal of the lift-gate as they unloaded equipment and materiel. In the near distance was the sounds of traffic.....and traffic accidents.....and the clanging and banging of a fuel truck unloading at the gas station. Ahhhh.....the sounds of summer in the suburbs of Baltimore!

After I left here I hit the Starbucks and read and talked with my friend Dave from Whole Foods for a while. Jenn came in for her tea before her homegroup meeting and I made plans to ride back to her house with her and grab some of my sandwiches from her freezer. As I was leaving the coffee shop to head across the street to the church where the meeting is held Katie calls me back and hands me a bag of that day's marked out sandwiches, straight out of the blue with no request on my part. What a sweetheart she is, and she also has that type of smile that lights up a room and makes everyone in range want to smile too. ;-)

What a lovely and deeply appreciated deed that was....Many Thanks!!!!


I ended up having Jenn drop me at the library and gave her some more sandwiches to put in her 'fridge for me for later. I sat outside the library and read and listened to "Jimmy Buffet-Live In Hawaii" on the DVD/CD player. I've slipped into "A Florida State Of Mind" it looks like, the three authors I now have in my bag are:
John D. MacDonald, Carl Hiaasen, and Tim Dorsey.

All writers with stories and characters set in The Sunshine State, all deeply in love with Florida and outraged at the desecration of the environment by greedy developers and crooked politicians and scam artists of all kinds. The 2 younger authors pay homage to the late, great, John MacD, as does Jimmy Buffet at times, as do their characters. C.H. and T.D. write 'comic crime novels', in the mold of Donald Westlake and Elmore Leonard, (who has a few of his books set in Fla.).


One day I'll get back to the Beach and the 'Glades. But for now it's over to the Starbucks with my recycled sandwiches and the reclaimed donuts from the Dunkin Dumpster.


Tomorrow night I am watching the grandkids so Jenn and Tom can go to a friend's anniversary. I've got to wash clothes so I'll have clean items to wear to the fair on Thursday with Rachel. I'll probably shower both day's, just because I can....lol.


I'm waiting to hear from S.S.A. on the documents I dropped off last week, and I'm just waiting for the time to go by until my next healthcare appointments are here. The calm before the storm??

Alrighty....I'm going to go scrounge a cup of coffee somewhere. If push comes to shove I have a bottle of Mountain Dew or 2 tubes of those flavored add-ins for a bottle of water that are also labeled as "Energy Rush", if the caffeine headache (actually it's the 'lack of') starts up. I may have a last coupon for free drink from Starbucks in the bottom of my bag, I likes mah cawfeeee!

Later.............Dave

No comments: