Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Food Glorious Food!!..........Wish Sandwiches..........More Please, Sir.................Cheese Burgers In Paradise..........."

Good Afternoon;


Wow, what a beautiful day out there, sunny, breezy, not too hot, not too cool. I sat out at the picnic table behind the library and ate my meal for the day, (an egg, bacon, and gouda cheese sandwich left over from Wednesday--[it spent 2 days out of 4 in Jenn's 'fridge] and a couple of bagels from the Dunkin Dumpster, and a jug of coffee from Jenn's that was pre-sweetened and which I poured over a cup of ice from First watch Cafe), and read for 2 hours before coming in here. Last night the shed was comfortable and even though I woke up around 7:30 am., I had nowhere to be or go, nothing to do, and until Thursday, no money or Stamps to shop with. So I just enjoyed the not too hot temps. and alternately read and dozed until 11:45 am., thinking it was only around 9:30 am. or so.


I spent Thursday night and Friday afternoon watching the grand kids. I rolled out of Jenn's about 9:00 am. to meet Monkee taking the train and the bus over to the Eastside, and when I get there...she tells me not until after 1:00 pm. will she be picking up our meds. So, back on the bus and the train to Jenn's to monstersit until Tom got home about 4:00 pm. and then again with the train and the bus to Monkee's. This time it was 'mission accomplished' and I am worry free, (on this matter anyway), through next Friday. I will have received my little bit of money for the month by Thursday, but I am taking Rachel to the fair that day, so I gave myself some leeway. After I got back to Jenn's, where I had left my bags, I waited until Tom had packed up the kids and went to meet Jenn at Hunt Valley for the last Friday night Family Concert Fun night of the year and then I changed the litter box...(if I don't...it takes a HAZMAT squad to do it before Tom gets to it...LOL!), and showered. I sat and watched a movie from 1976 called "Lifeguard" with a very young Sam Elliot and one of my favorite actresses, Kathleen Quinlan, (she's one of the most beautiful if not the best known actresses I've ever been infatuated with, [for the past 29 years....LOL]...). I had Jenn ring my phone and hang up (I have 1 minute left until the First of September, so this is the only way to use the phone...other than as a watch...lol), to let me know they were on their way home, so I could be out of there before they arrived. I caught the 10:00 pm. bus back to Pikesville, where I sat at the bench at the library and finished my book, ("..'Citizens'..- An Anthology By Science Fiction Veterans" , in both sense of the word, it is a group of authors who are military veterans and acknowledged masters of SF), and chatted with the Baltimore County Police officer sitting in his cruiser and using the library's WiFi. (He must have been on a social networking site and did not want to use the official police Internet connection....lol.) I stopped at the gas station and spent $1.00 (half my total wealth) on the Keno to see if the Goddess would smile on me.....(not this time)! Then hit the shed about Midnight and fell asleep with the light on trying to read. (Thursday night at Jenn's was not a good night's rest)


And here we are again. I am trying to get ahold of Jenn now and see if I can grab a PB&J on my way past tonight as I come back from the Starbucks. I am heading over there shortly with some phone numbers for Josh, one of the barristas there. Hopefully he'll have some sandwiches and/or pastries being marked out and dumped that he can slide my way. If not....well the 'Dunkin Dumpster' should be open for business when I get back here tonight, (as long as I get there before the pizza place or the Chinese place dump their trash and bury the 'clean' bags!). If I'm really in a bind or Jenn is not home, I know that I can get a meal from Rachel's mom tomorrow. And.....if things get really, really desperate...I can jump on a bus early, early, (no that was not a typo), in the morning and go and line up, (if you don't get there early enough the food quality and quantity drops off rapidly!!!), and hit one of the soup kitchens in the city. Breakfast lines begin around 6:00 am. and lunch at 10:00 am. [or even earlier].


So.........I'm open for any breakfast, brunch, dinner, linner, tea, supper, late tapas, midnight snack or after-hours munchie runs anyone cares to treat me to!...And Baltimore Now Has a SONIC DRIVE IN!!!!!!....Pick me up and I'll show you where it is......!


I'll see you Monday, unless I end up in Towson tomorrow....


(only about 5 more weeks and the Pikesville branch will be open again on Sundays!! YAY!)


Later............Dave

No comments: