Saturday, August 14, 2010

"I'm Back.............."

Good Afternoon;
So, Rachel was picked up by her mother around 2:30 pm. yesterday afternoon, Jenn and the kids got home around 6:30 pm., Tom got home at 8:15 pm. or so, and I hit the road and caught the bus back up to Pikesville at 8:30 pm.
I stopped in the Giant to use the restroom and check out the week's new sale prices on a few things and heard someone call out, "Hey stranger".... it was Jenn who decided at the last minute to pick up a few things that night instead of in the morning. We ended up wandering the store for 45 minutes and finished our chat from earlier in the evening that kept getting interrupted by the kids and Tom and her phone. I sat out and read until near Midnight after she left, then hit the shed. There was less water and wind disturbance from the 2 thunderstorms on Thursday than I expected, and the temperature was blessedly cool and comfortable. I read for another 15 minutes, and barely managed to turn off the lantern before falling asleep. I was so exhausted from a lack of decent sleep at Jenn's, (due to the combination of the crappy couch, [and cable TV and DVD player access, {with a remote...lol}..]..), and the physical and emotional letdown of Rachel leaving and being back out on the street, that except for waking twice and getting up to answer nature's extremely insistent call, I slept and then dozed until almost 1:45 pm. this afternoon. I then hit the Giant and replenished my portable pantry with the items I usually have with me, (some rolls, mayo packs, salt and pepper, chips, Powerade and off brand Poptarts, (which are being discontinued and are reduced to $0.84 a box..Jenn and I are both loading up her kitchen cabinet with them every trip to the Giant..lol), and a tomato, (and some lunchmeat for today).
And..here I am...and I'm out of time on the computer again too.

I just want to say that my 5 & 1/2 days with Rachel were wonderful.....

later.....Dave

No comments: