Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Plumbing Malfunction Saves The day............"

Good Morning;
Well...at 7:45 am. this morning I was standing on the corner of Reisterstown Rd. waiting to be picked up my caseworker who was driving to and accompanying me to court to day. She showed up a few minutes later and we went to Towson and parked the company car on the lot of the Prologue Outreach house and walked over to the Circuit Court building a couple blocks away. As we approached the building I saw a camera crew and a number of Sheriffs and security guards grouped around the entry doors. I then noticed signs on all the doors stating "Courthouse Closed Today"! The guards said it was due to flooding in the building, and all cases were postponed and summons would be sent out with the new court dates.
Of course Tom saw this but did not mention it because he had the idea I was going to court in the city. Jenn saw it just before I texted her with the news and that I was on the way back to get my bags.
I have been searching on line for information but all I can find is a scrolling banner on the Fox Baltimore, Channel 45, site, with no details.
The Circuit Court's own website has nothing at all.
Just as well, I did not sleep last night for various reasons. Among them, I had a coffee too late in the evening, and nerves.
In fact, I'm going to head off to a secluded corner of the library and try to take a power nap or two.
Later.........Dave

No comments: